ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheres the bloody 182 on top gear!

Lee

BMW M2C

He was always going to do that.

I dont think he could have put it better if hed tried. Good effort.

That comment earlier in the show about biscuit tin wrapper things. Hes obviously driven my 172. ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 13 June 2004

Hes sl*gging it off !!! :(

But then it gets good :)
Well he was,but not any more as it is good value for the money.maybe TOM 182 better write to mr clarkson about it. ;)

[Edited by clioboy on 13 June 2004 at 11:06pm]

Mondeo STTDCI

hes a bit preoccupied with reno stereotypes. I can face the boot carpet being pants!

P

peterh2

Talk about 3 wheels didnt think they normally got the back wheel that high!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I want one now,those wheels looked great going round and ill take mine in artic blue please.

I didnt realise you could have the cup pack and spoilers with sat nav?!?

In all a fair result as we all know there not the best built cars,but with the gripes comes that engine and handling enough to see off much bigger stuff

ian:D

Well you all knew he was gonna take the piss out of the build quality earlier in the show...kinda had a renault theme as they were mentioned more than once!.

Otherwise happy in the knowledge that it put a smile on Clarksons face and what else can you buy for the cash that goes that fast.

Glad i went for artic blue as i prefer that colour..that said the racing blue colour was pretty damned good looking aswell.(except for the gordini lines-they will look dated)

Well done stiggy boy...it stuck to the track like Sh*t on a blanket

Lee

BMW M2C

Ian, there is the Cups suspension and spoiler pack.

If you choose the spoiler pack you cant have sat nav. The car on Top Gear didnt have a Cup spoiler, but did have the splitter. You cant order one like that but can get a splitter later.

Its nothing we dont tell all people that come on here wanting to know about the car theyve just ordered.

They rattle and buzz and are generally a bit cheap, but we love them because they go quick and put a smile on ya face. Anyway you cant hear the rattles and buzzes due to the stereo being turned up more :D

Ford Fiesta

his review wasnt that bad, at all. All in all for the money he likes it. But who cares even if he had hated the thing I wouldnt be changing my mind about getting one. I dont buy cars cos of what someone on a TV show says.

it was a quick lap time, I noted too about saying it was not comfy then saying it was? WTF?

anyway I also say it had the front splitter and the normal rear spoiler as it had the sat nav.

I dont think the build quality is as bad as he says either.

overall, could have said worse! :) and Im sure they dont all rattle like people say. My last clio didnt rattle at all, and ive been in many others that dont.

Did anyone notice the stickers on the side of the car that the Stig drove? I didnt see them on the Clarkson piece.... they look like the ones on the 182 that was at the motorshow.

Not a bad review - he sl*gged various things off that are standard for all Clios. Like he said though for the money, you cant really go much faster! When comparing what he was using for benchmarking it, then Im quite happy really!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Quote: Originally posted by Bradfordlad on 14 June 2004

it was a quick lap time, I noted too about saying it was not comfy then saying it was? WTF?
He said it was a naff driving position (I bought my clio because of the great driving position :confused:) but said the seats were very comfortable.

S1 Elise 111S

I noticed that Stig seemed to have all 4 wheels planted on the track most of the time, as compared with Clarksons quality driving 3wheels in the air most of the time.

Lee

BMW M2C

The Stig knows how to drive for a time, Clarkson just showboats for the camera, a bit like Tiff Needle!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I think Clarkson was very honest. It is a poor driving position, he told us exactly what we already knew. Lap time wasnt too bad, Stig drove it well.

Overall though what were you expecting??

Lee

BMW M2C

The entire review was exactly what I was expecting to hear, except for the comment about TQ. Clarkson sounded like he was reading the spec sheet, which is rare for him. LOL

Ive got used to the high seat position now and wouldnt want to change it.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 14 June 2004

Clarkson never said hed have it in his garage of his top ten cars though;)

So how many 182 owners gonna be trading up??:p
Thats because hes a car snob.;)

insignia

i was watching football yesterday and missed the bloody programme!! does anyone have the track time of the 182 and the rest of the cars that have raced round the track?

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 14 June 2004

i was watching football yesterday and missed the bloody programme!! does anyone have the track time of the 182 and the rest of the cars that have raced round the track?

top gear was on 30mins after match finished!

i still think the best bit was wen he was goin on about the engine goin grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr even in 5th at 30mph