ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which 1 has the bonnet bulge?

impreza sti prodrive
which model clio has the bonnet bulge?

ive spotted a n reg'er in my works car park, got the bonnet bulge & 16v side badges, could it be either a 1.6 or a 1.8? i duno much about that model? also how much they worth in ok condition? this 1 looks to be monaco blue. any help asap would be greatfull as im on my lunch break at the mo.

cheers nic

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
It's a Clio 1.8 16v also known as a 'valver' a quick look on the autotrader will give you a idea of prices, i'd imagine they will probably range from £500-£2000 for a minter (at a guess that is)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
what is the tell tales between them both? cheers

williams are blue, have gold 15inch wheels,
williams badges, blue williams interior etc

valver is any colour, 16v badges and normal or black leather interior iirc

impreza sti prodrive
cheers guys, its a valver then. was guna offer the guy silly money for it, would mind it as a track car tbh

Cupra
Doesn't the 1.8 8v also have a bonnet buldge? It is missing the wide arches that the 16v and williams had though.

Cupra
Must just be a common cosmetic add on then! I have seen at least three rsi's with the bonnet bulge on various trips to work.

F82 M4
did it actually NEED the bonnet bulge for space issues, or is it purely for the extra air intake?

It's to blow air down on the manifold as it get's so hot. The dash in the prototype model's used to melt due to not having the bulge.

1.8 Civic EX
for some reason I thought it was for the little extra space as well as the air over the manifold..

I seem to remember people on here dropping the 1.8 16v engine into thier RT's and RSi's etc but they would only fit if they done the bonnet, which also meant they had to do the front wings too....

I'm probably talking s**te tho lol

As much hassle as it gave me I do miss my old valver...

williams and trophy
aye .there were clearance issues with the 16v lumps. the inlet side of things fouling on the bonnet. hence the scoop. the vent is there to aid cooling as said above also.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
It seems you've spotted 1 of the original RS clios ;)

2live has it spot on

Value wise, it all depends on the condition, mileage, what's been replaced & what hasn't. I've seen half rotten shitters go for about £300-400 and up to just over £2k for a minter and anything up to £4k for an absolute stonking mint williams

I've noticed there's quite a few now that have bought scabby valvers to use as a track toy

williams and trophy
maybe thats cos they keep gettin passed in their 172s by the rapid hybrids/williams......now they cant live with that....and as the saying goes...if u cant beat em......join em ;)