ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which After Market Steering Wheel?

titanic killer
Im looking to change the steering wheel,which are the ones to go for?leather or suade,280mm or 320mm?

Chocolate Bar™
320mm - personal preference over material. i have leather and really like it, but suede would be better especially as my hands sweat like a mofo in summer :(

titanic killer
Yeah mine do on any long drive on standard wheel thats why thinking suede one?
would the 280mm be too small then,i guess it might obscure the dash dials if on the lowest steering wheel position

clio 200 F4Rt
i run a 350mm OMP wheel.

i think the 320mm would be ok if you like smaller wheels.

the 280mm in my opinion would be too small.

and like said material is personal choice. Mine is suede, had leather in the past, prefer the suede!

i run a 350mm OMP wheel.

i think the 320mm would be ok if you like smaller wheels.

the 280mm in my opinion would be too small.

and like said material is personal choice. Mine is suede, had leather in the past, prefer the suede!

Got myself a 330mm Sabelt suede wheel, at first it felt very small but now it feels just right.

i use a 330 suade sparco item... really like it and it offers excellent grip when im out at pod/track etc etc

M2 Competition
r383psn.jpg

Will go out take a pic of it in the car at some point.

titanic killer
Thanks dan,ive been looking at them on various site and they all vary in price a hell of alot what do you think i should pay for one with boss?£150ish?

Ph-Quick
Im also in the market for a new wheel!

Ive been having the same thoughts on wuhich material to go for, ive currently got a suede sparco jobbie, but it is really worn and abit small for my liking, also its not a circle shape it makes so sterring trickier than it should be!

I think im gonna go for another suede sparco one, but round and bigger, if it wears again quickly then il get it re trimmed in leather!

M2 Competition
Will cost you as much to have it re-trimmed, as it would to buy a new one!

The suede does wear quickly.

Ph-Quick
Yeh not worth buying a 2nd hand one to re trim enless you wanted a specific colour or material.

I will more than likely get what ever one i have at the time i change seats and get it re trimmed to match, but for now i just want a better finish!

ive got no decent pics of the wheel only this:

steering_wheel.jpg

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ive got an OMP trecento or summit like that. its 280 and its awesome. Really pleased with it.

titanic killer
they look good chaps,what size are they as the omp one looks bigger than the sabelt one?

S3, HD Nightster
Anyone got pics of sparco/omp suede wheels in ph1 172's?

I'm worried about the black wheel not matching the blue interior!?