ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Broadband for me

don't
ok the time has come to finally catch up

I'm still on a losers 56k modem, with wanadoo

anyway, paying errrm £15 a month for some reason

unlimited anytime internet

Now the time has come to get broadband on my laptop

So anyway, don't want to pay over £20 a month as I wont use it all that much

will be used for downloading some clips, music, and uploading pics and pics like that

so as for limit, I guess if I was getting a limited amount I'd want at least 10gb????

i'll probably have a good look around tonight when I'm home but just seeing if any suggestions as its stupid paying £15 when I can get broadband for about that price

Im with tiscali for £14.99 1mb connection and uncapped downloads. free modem too.

only problem with it is that sometimes the connection drops out!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm on wannadoo 14.99£ 2mb connection 4gb d/l limit...doesn't bother me tho.

don't
ooooooooooo that sounds very good, apart from connection dropping

how long do you seem to lose connection for?? quite a while, or just a few minutes

don't
tiscali is winning so far

£15,99 unlimited, free modem and connection

contract for 12 months

basically what i;'m paying anyway so may aswell

will look tonight for anything similar

the conncection drops for seconds, but you then have to go through the dial procedure (click yes in two boxes) and you're away again. might just be me, not sure if it happens to anyone else!

A red missile
Im with Wanadoo, 1Mb and 2Gb/month, cant get 2 meg due to where i live, thing is that Wanadoo dont seem to be taking any notice of what im actually downloading, my router tells me that im averaging 20-25Gb/month :)

bless em.

don't
Well after reading up on tiscali terms, unlimited is nowhere near unlimited lol, they restrict you during peak hours

so now Tesco seem the best so far

£17.97 unlimited broadband, free connection and modem

12 month contract

I'll keep looking, but so far they are in the lead :)

Megane225FF
tiscali are a joke. Had loads of problems with them.
Now with BT, had no problems so far *touch wood*

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
3000GT_PILOT said:
Im with tiscali for £14.99 1mb connection and uncapped downloads. free modem too.

only problem with it is that sometimes the connection drops out!

I get that too, (on Tiscali with 2.5mb connection,£17.99 per month, unlimited) it's BT's fault!:mad:

Never had any probs with Tiscali at all.

don't
is it unlimited though, or do they sometimes restrict how quickly you can download stuff during peak times

like when downloading music

172 Cup
I think he means Tiscali 2mb as there's no such product as BT Wholesale IPStream 2.5mb.

As for being unlimted as I've said in your other post it's not "Unlimited" at all. Granted they "claim" it is but a rather significant usage policy is in place and they make no bones of restricting your usage should you be deemed to be downloading too much.

No IPStream (normal ADSL ISP in laymans terms) ISP is truly unlimited at all so atleast go for one that is honest. Ukonline for example DO have a limit on how much you can download but it's a rather generous 500 gig (yes five hundred)

don't
yea i saw your post about tiscali and checked it out, cheeky buggers eh

I don't want to pay anything more than £18 , not had a look around anymore yet

i'm not bothered too much about 1mb 2 mb connection , just anything better than 56k would be nice :)

don't
Tiscali are cheapest

but i just would be soo p!ssed off if I was trying to download alot of songs etc and they restricted my usage, especially as they are allowed to do it as its in the small print, would do my head in