ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Bulbs for my Willie

This:

Osram Silver Star
5 Star award - Best Buy Award - Beam: 96.9m

"The flagship bulb in Osrams range, the Silverstars 75m figure was only a fraction better than that of arch-rival Philips (right), but it performed significantly better at 50m. Add a price advantage, and the Osrams plus 50 per cent competitor is our Best Buy."

or this:

Philips Blue Vision
4 Star award - Beam: 78m

"Among the blue bulbs, Philips Blue Vision does well, as it uses the Premiums plus 30 percent technology. Despite a lower light output than the winning Lucas bulb, it was a shade better at 75m."

The Silver Star look better if going by the "beam".

Any others I should get instead?

My lights are pathetic - worst lights ive ever (barely) seen - so I need to do something about them.

How much better than standard are they Daz?

Also is it just one pair of bulbs I need to replace?

Put some high performance ones from halfords in my last car and they made no difference.

yes, they make a lot of difference - much nicer light!

When I put my fogs on now (they have normal bulbs in) they look VERY yellow compared.

They are well bright too - specially on full beam!

I got a pack - two H4s (Dipped/Full Beam) and two Side lights.. cost £24.99 from Motorworld.

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 25 January 2004
Cheers Daz - sounds exactly what I need:DAnd why are you selling your loverly Valver?

hehe, it isnt a Valver.. :)

Im after a Valver next tho..

Nice - mind you those Fogs are a lot ligter than my lights - head lamp protectors will have to come off too I think.

They fogs tho, but you can see the difference in colour..

What I might do.. in the interest of science, is change one of my headlights to the normal ones.. and then take some more photos! Then you can make a proper comparison between the H4s!