ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Cat1 alarm to install?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've got £250 available to install a cat1 alarm into my 172. I was planning on installing the Toad Ai606, is this a good alarm or should I consider an alternative?

Thanks

340i
I am also looking for a cat1 alarm for my MK1 clio, on ebay the Toad AI606 are going for just a bit over £100 ;) i may have to treat myself to one lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Gray said:
I am also looking for a cat1 alarm for my MK1 clio, on ebay the Toad AI606 are going for just a bit over £100 ;) i may have to treat myself to one lol

Correct me if i'm wrong . But if you fit an alarm yourself and your not an approved fitter the the insurance company " might " not recognise it as Insurance approved Cat 1 . You will most likely have to send proof of the alarm i.e Thatcham Cat1 certificate signed by an approved fitter who will also send a copy of the certificate to the manufacturers of the alarm .

Could cause you problems if you had to make a claim for your car being stolen .

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
sneeks said:
I've got £250 available to install a cat1 alarm into my 172. I was planning on installing the Toad Ai606, is this a good alarm or should I consider an alternative?

Thanks

Did you give the guy a call about mobile fitting ? The A850T is Cat 1 , with an optional glass breakage sensor so if somebody even taps on your windows with something the alarm goes off without even breaking into the car , integrates with your factory fitted immobiliser and operates with your key .

Also some Toads on here .

http://www.precisionalarms.co.uk/alarms/range.htm

MrBillyUK !

Citroen DS3 DSport
I checked out the location of the installer Billy but I do not think he'd travel the distance required to fit the alarm into my car - 450 miles. Thanks for the link though as it had some good alarm info for me. It looks like I don't really need the Ai606 as the car already has an immobiliser, the system you had fitted is probably more suitable and will allow me to use my Renault keyfob

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
sneeks said:
I checked out the location of the installer Billy but I do not think he'd travel the distance required to fit the alarm into my car - 450 miles. Thanks for the link though as it had some good alarm info for me. It looks like I don't really need the Ai606 as the car already has an immobiliser, the system you had fitted is probably more suitable and will allow me to use my Renault keyfob

Lol, yeah . A 900 mile round trip would probably be a little far . Toad A850T is fine , like ya say , Ai606 is with an immobiliser which you will already have .

MrBillyUK !

Citroen DS3 DSport
mgrlane said:
forgive me if i am wrong, does your clio not have a cat1 as standard??

:D You're one of the lucky few who never endured my 'import' car thread.

No alarm fitted to my 172 as standard :( Should mean I get a even better aftermarket version which is always good :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
The alarm is due to be fitted tomorrow, a Viper system with a pager type keyfob which has a quarter mile range. Informs you if the alarm has been triggered etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll let you know what I think of the alarm once it's fitted, Viper are apparently the parent company of Clifford.

i had a clifford concept 650 with anti hijacking fitted recently. £400 fitted at my workplace.

superb alarm, i had that amount to spend but stayed in for a couple of weeks and went for a better one, no regrets. id recommend

Citroen DS3 DSport
I had the Clifford alarm in a previous car and it was very good, I did disable the anti carjacking option though as I often found myself caught out by it after someone had got out of the car :D

The Viper has a similar option but allows you to arm it when you will be away from the car for an extended period (holidays etc) The car will not start without first entering a pin code. If someone breaks into your house and steals the keys while away then they are useless without the pin.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It's fitted and all appears to be ok with the car for now :D

The installer has refitted the A pillar covering on the passenger side better than it was originally fitted when I bought it :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
i had a Cobra on my last car and it was flawless, totally reliable.....id definitely have another one

Citroen DS3 DSport
baptistsan said:
Nice one. More details needed. Does it use the o/e immobiliser?

Standard immobiliser still operates as well as a triple circuit immobiliser that comes as standard with the Viper alarm.