ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Compact?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ok, nice easy one hopefully..

It's my birthday on Monday so have suggested a Camera as a present..

But not really sure on which one, a friend suggested a LUMIX mainly because of the Leica Lense and generally he loves his..

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_...378716/index.html?view=&colourVar=DMC-TZ8EB-K

Is this a good option?

I only want it to have whilst out and about pics of the little one etc etc... as have use of a couple of DSLR's if ever needed..

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't think you can go wrong with the Panasonic TZ series. I recommended one to my old man a couple of years ago and he loves it.

A couple of months back I went to Florida for 2 weeks on holiday. I wanted a camera which had a decent zoom and HD video to use while I was over there, and I really didn't want to lug my DSLR and lenses around with me, so I bought a TZ8. I really can't fault it. I got some really good shots with it. Obviously it's never going to be great for fast moving cars or in bad light, but for a point and shoot having such a decent zoom makes it incredibly versatile.

I had a load of the images printed recently and they look spot on.

Cupra
I've got a TZ10 from work to play with for a bit. It seems like a decent enough camera. It does struggle a bit in low light, but the zoom range is pretty handy.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Cheers guys, Lee that's exactly the kind of thing I want it for so think will ask nicely for the one I linked :)

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Cheers Lee,

I got the TZ8 in case anyone is interested, seems pretty good so far..

Off to Combe next weekend so will try it out properly and the Video!