ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which driveshafts for 182?

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Looking into buying a pair of new driveshafts for the Trophy.

Always prefer to buy genuine stuff.

K-Tec have both sides on their site, but phoned them today, one is about 3-4 days from Renault, the other has no timescale from Renault. Need them within the next couple of weeks (ish) to go with some other work I am having done.

Other options...

J&R - £50 a side

GKN - available from euros for one side

Q-Drive - availble from euros for the other side

Any opinions on the three aftermarket options? Hate buying aftermarket for stuff like this usually, £50 ones from J&R just sound too cheap. I'm of the opinion you get what you pay for!

Appreciate any help.

Ash

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
What I've learnt overtime is Renault etc arent in the business of making parts, they have suppliers who manufacture them and just stamp the Renault logo on them. I once bought a pedal switch from a motor factors that clearly just had the renault logo scrapped off. I imagine any of the options you have described will be fine.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve got the drivers side one from K-Tec in mine and it’s been spot on.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Thanks for replies.

I opted for one of the genuine ones through K-Tec for one side, although because they are closing end of this week, and their Renault dealer has already closed, I don’t quite know when I’ll receive it.

The other side I opted for the GKN one from Euros, general consensus is they are the best quality after genuine and it certainly looks pretty well made. Took advantage of the discount code last week and it was a decent price. I would have got both sides GKN but Euros only have one side.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I heard J&R drive shafts are meant to be decent in the 182 but I might have picked this up wrong.

When possible I would fit OE parts.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
J&R will require some material grinding off the engine block for clearance as the boot can foul.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’ve just fitted J & R driveshafts you my passat and can’t fault them. Bloody cheap too!

chewytrophy

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for replies.

I opted for one of the genuine ones through K-Tec for one side, although because they are closing end of this week, and their Renault dealer has already closed, I don’t quite know when I’ll receive it.

The other side I opted for the GKN one from Euros, general consensus is they are the best quality after genuine and it certainly looks pretty well made. Took advantage of the discount code last week and it was a decent price. I would have got both sides GKN but Euros only have one side.
Hi Ash,

Just wondering how you were getting on with the GKN driveshaft? Any problems?

Thanks

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Hi Ash,

Just wondering how you were getting on with the GKN driveshaft? Any problems?

Thanks

No problem at all mate, has been absolute spot on.

Looked a better quality driveshaft than most too. And I am pretty sure I saw a GKN stamp somewhere on the new genuine one for the other side!

Would recommend.