ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WHICH ENGINE!!!!!

Ok, i have a 1.8 RT Clio Mk1 with 141,000 miles on ther clock. I want to get an engine, and gearbox, get then reconditioned and tuned and transplant them, but i cant decide which to plug for.

The choices are either R5 GT-Turbo, or the 16V Clio Mk1 lump, i am a little concerned that even if reconditioned the GT-Turbo could be unreliable, however it is more tunable. I am looking for approx 180-200 bhp as an ideal, and hopefully a 0-60 time of approx 6ish.

I would appreciate any advice from peps as to how expensive and difficult each conversion would be and what tuning would be recommended for each, and also which option people would go for.

Thanks Chris.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

16v Engine would need a lot of work to get 200BHP, youd be better going for the 1.7 GTX Renault 5 Lump, with a Turbo on it - go to www.ddautosports.co.uk and send Danny a mail - asking if they can do it, and for prices etc. He can build you a complete R5 GTT with low mileage, 200+ BHP for £3500, so an engine, gearbox etc i would think £1500 would be fair?!? Failing that, go for a Williams lump?