ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which engine

2002 Clio Dynamic

Just wondering which engine people thought would be the best to go for in a transplant in my Dynamic?

Was going to go for the 1.4 GTT but after a call to Andy at GDI he suggested that this wasnt a very reliable option and suggested a couple of other options!

Would really like a turbo,but could get a willy engine,172 lump or maybe even a 225 lump!

Clio 197

225 lump...

But the mounts and everything would have to be custom...

Plus, do yo really want a Nissan box in your car?!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by WeeGad on 15 August 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Just wondering which engine people thought would be the best to go for in a transplant in my Dynamic?<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Was going to go for the 1.4 GTT but after a call to Andy at GDI he suggested that this wasnt a very reliable option and suggested a couple of other options!<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Would really like a turbo,but could get a willy engine,172 lump or maybe even a 225 lump!

172 lump = £3K
225 lump = £4.5K +

172 cup'd extreme

172 lump is the most economical way what i did after thinking of all the options.
no one but matt has done any other conversion on a mk2 clio

fred: with your upcoming 225 conversion which box are you putting in as the pk6 wont fit will it?

172 cup'd extreme

thinking about the 225 for my next project. ive been reserching the mounts and will get them made up by my uncle
cable shift conversion has stumped me whats your plan with this?

Lionel Richie

the cable shifter is easy (off the shelf from Renault = £130 complete), its the clutch thats gonna be the fiddly part, although not that hard

also dont forget youll be needing custom driveshafts (again not that hard)

plus ECU = £cherching

172 cup'd extreme

drive shafts are hollow and getting my mate to tig weld them. forgot it has a hydraulic clutch! well have to think of that between us!
ecu wise prob be omex or similar?
by the way im converting an 02 plate 1.2 8v in your fave colour WHITE with 172 body kit and turinis still have drums on the back love um!

[Edited by 16v_jon on 8/15/2005 6:05:45 PM]

Lionel Richie

jon you legend!!!! white clio with drums!!!! awesome!!!

im gonn use a Tilton pedal box i think, mounted to the fiewall

OMEX = £1K (which is what im using)

im building the engine up over the next few months, then sticking it on the Dyno to run it in + map it (i dont do bullsh*t RRs)

ill keep you updated as and when

172 cup'd extreme

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 15 August 2005
Jon, have you still got drums on the back of your dynamique 172?

yeah the 172 disks are rubbish drums all the way. you will see it if your going to trax now with 1.2 badges

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i remember hearing a quote for £3,500 to supply, fit and turbo charge a 1.6 16V lump. not sure who it was that quoted it though, ill try and find out more

ST

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 15 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 15 August 2005

Jon, have you still got drums on the back of your dynamique 172?

yeah the 172 disks are rubbish drums all the way. you will see it if your going to trax now with 1.2 badges

Yeah mate i wouldnt mind a wee look round your car if you dont mind?

I HAVE A 182 ENGINE AND BOX WITH LESS THAN 8 K WILL GO IN NO PROBS CALL ME OR EMAIL mailto:pHATNOVA24@HOTMAIL.COM">PHATNOVA24@HOTMAIL.COM 07903712650. JON

172 cup'd extreme

Quote: Originally posted by bondy on 15 August 2005
I HAVE A 182 ENGINE AND BOX WITH LESS THAN 8 K WILL GO IN NO PROBS CALL ME OR EMAIL <a href= "mailto:pHATNOVA24@HOTMAIL.COM">PHATNOVA24@HOTMAIL.COM 07903712650. JON

how much do you want for this lump mate .... someone i know may be interested