ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which exhaust

Hi girls and guys,

Right so basically my exhuast has been botched up again. It was blowing and it needed to be fixed for the mot. The guy at the garage said its been patched up and botched countless times before and its pretty much had it. Its a standard system BTW.

The 172 will be my daily in the winter and I dont want it to start blowing again so Im going to need a new exhaust. I used to have Ktec supersport with decat. That was loud. I still want to put a decat back on as I found the mpg was better plus it pulled a little better.

So should I get another standard exhaust second hand? How much would one of these be roughly?

A replacement pattern part system from eurocarparts or ebay?

or get a ktec stealth or the likes?

I dont want to pay more than £200 ideally and second hand in condition would be better I think. I saw the super quiet system but its to expensive for me TBH.

Cheers:star:

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Personally I wouldn't run another Ktax/Janetspeed system if you paid me. Supersprint,JP/Yoz,BTB would where my money would and has gone.

ph1 172
Buy right, buy once.

Also, you get far more monies back if you were to sell on with these ^^ pipes than other brands.

I have a Yozza:)

Lotus Elise
Lol cheeky ;) I need to place an order with you soon actually. Sadly not for a second rate yozza (supersprint) :rasp:

The yozza is far to loud IMO and im not a great fan of the sound (blasphemy). Sounds nice but Im not buying th exhaust on purely on its sound. The clio is my daily in the winter so no real hooning.

it cant be silly loud as I will have a decat and drive mainly at nights. Its gonna get abused with all the salt and snow and so on.

I dont see many standard exhausts going for sale any reason why? I would perfer to keep a stock system if I can get one cheap but they dont seem to be around much.

Do the pattern parts from eurocarparts fit well?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
The yozza is far to loud IMO and im not a great fan of the sound (blasphemy). Sounds nice but Im not buying th exhaust on purely on its sound. The clio is my daily in the winter so no real hooning.

it cant be silly loud as I will have a decat and drive mainly at nights. Its gonna get abused with all the salt and snow and so on.

I dont see many standard exhausts going for sale any reason why? I would perfer to keep a stock system if I can get one cheap but they dont seem to be around much.

You need two silencers to keep the noise comfortable.
Standard exhausts fall apart with rust. Pattern parts will probably be thinner steel and last even less.

You need two silencers to keep the noise comfortable.
Standard exhausts fall apart with rust. Pattern parts will probably be thinner steel and last even less.

Cheers mate apprciate the information. I got that feeling aswell but im kinda stuck on what to do. A standard one seems to rust and die silly expensive new. A pattern part might get me through winter fine but it might be rusted by next winter so thats £150 gone. A ktec supersport with decat is what I had before and that was loud but my mum sometimes drives it too I dont want anything loud. I take it the non supersport with decat is still going to be fairly loud?

Is there any exhaust which is stainless and isnt much louder than standard bar the new ktec one?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

For the noise, or lack of I bought the BTB. Couldn't live with a loud exhaust on a road car tbh :(

If you're after a standard one, there's some on ebay at the minute:

Centre section here & back box here

:)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
hi mate, i have a stainless stealth exhaust that was on my ph1 172, no idea what make it is, but it was pretty quiet, i replaced it with a ktec supersport, anyway its in my garage, so if ur interested let me know, im in edinburgh so not too far away either.

Clio 182
theres a ktec on gumtree for £250. I wanted a Yozza one :) ; waited ages and gave up. What type of exhaust gives the raspy r32 type of sound? is that even acheivable on a 182?

Lionel Richie

our stealth quiet system is too loud?

You have a stealth system too now? I've been out of the fold for abit but yozza was always loud and raspy no. I take it this quiet system is like a stainless standard system?