ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which glaze

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Try a finishing pad by machine and work it into the paint!

On black it just adds so much wetness you'll be shocked.

Prep is key as always tho.

White clique
I've got the poorboys black hole, very good but doent last long, washes off pretty quickly, and if you wax over it, it all comes off on the cloth!

C3 Picasso Beast
Hmmm this doesn't sound promising now! The plan is/was to put the BH on by hand and then wax over it...from the above sounds like I'm f**ked!

Track 172cup
I used PB black hole and it gave a great finish, waxed on top of it with collonite aswell and it was fine, no issues with it coming off

I've used Clearkote glazes on past cars and been impressed with the results but I would definitely recommend the black hole for a black car

White clique
Hmmm this doesn't sound promising now! The plan is/was to put the BH on by hand and then wax over it...from the above sounds like I'm f**ked!

It could just be my technique (before i knock the product too much)! I applied wax the same day as the poorboys, and like i say after the wax had cured for 15 mins or so, most BH came straight off when i buffed off the wax! I noticed this too with QD over the top, the QD seems to dilute the BH and the whole lot comes off.

That being said, BH really does do a great job to fill them swirls!

Just try a panel where you get a good view in light, so bonnet ideally.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You must be doing something wrong Alan.

One panel at a time and by the time you get to waxing the car the first panels will have cured.

Both products should be spread very thinly.

The blackhole should be worked into the paint with the applicator not just spread on, think of it as using a polish where you need to work the abrahsives.

I think in this case the Blackhole was sitting on top possibly not been worked in long enough that's why you had trouble.

Give it another try Alan.

White clique
cheers Gally, i think i know where i am going wrong now - i clay, then QD to clean panel, then BH then wax. The BH is clearly not bonding to the QD (doh)

OP - just dont apply BH over any other product is my advice!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, should be clay with lube.

Then wash, then polish, then straight onto the BH.

BH has oils and cleaners in it so it will clean the polish while working the oils into the paintwork.

This means it'll bond fine to the polished panel.

Don't use QD after claying really it needs washed or snow foamed at least.

But BH won't stick really to a QD as a QD is like a top finish with no protection.