ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which go pro?

As above. Would like to buy one for holidays and car stuff.

Popped into Currys and they clearly don't have a clue. There are quite sizeable price jumps from £99, to £264 to £349...

I'd like;

Decent film
Decent stills
Decent audio

Cheers for any opinions!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I've got the 4 silver, with the integrated screen and better battery life* it's the one to go for.

*Buy a spare battery. At 1080p the battery life is shite - 150mins max.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I got the Hero for Christmas and it's been handy for pissing about with. I'd have liked to get a more expensive one but I probably wouldn't be able to justify the jump in cost.

It's done ok for time lapse in work, I attached it to my fishing rod the other day and sent it down 20 odd meters and it's fine.

Cons are no removable battery though for this model, can't change time lapse settings etc, but it's only £94. Video quality is fine, 60fps at 720 or 30fps at 1080.

Still quality isn't brilliant,not that I've used it for photos apart for time lapse so it might be better if its just camera although I doubt it. 5mp camera I think.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The video quality of the silver is absolutely fantastic. You can record at 4k but I'm not sure you'd want to as it'll eat the battery life and 1080 @ 60fps is bloody brilliant.

I'll host a couple of vids if you like, not sure if there are any sites that don't knock down?

The rear touch screen makes its so much easier to select settings and rewatch footage on the fly. I have no idea why the Black didn't come with one.

IMO there's only one choice, 4 Silver.

LY 200 EDC LUX
Agree with the above. I have a 4 silver and its class. No point in the extra cost of the 4 black for the sake of being able to film at 30fps @ 4k instead of 15.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I got the Hero for Christmas and it's been handy for pissing about with. I'd have liked to get a more expensive one but I probably wouldn't be able to justify the jump in cost.

It's done ok for time lapse in work, I attached it to my fishing rod the other day and sent it down 20 odd meters and it's fine.

Cons are no removable battery though for this model, can't change time lapse settings etc, but it's only £94. Video quality is fine, 60fps at 720 or 30fps at 1080.

Still quality isn't brilliant,not that I've used it for photos apart for time lapse so it might be better if its just camera although I doubt it. 5mp camera I think.
what attachment you use for fishing?

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
A good knot and some weights. Need to make something for it to sit on though.
something iv always wanted to do. i thought about attaching a float to it and and using 8lb line for the weight etc so if it gets snagged i get my gopro back. alot of good videos on youtube

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
My wife's just bought me the hero 4 black + lots of mounts, spare battery, 2 memory cards and viewing screen thing as well.

Not had a chance to use it yet though, hopefully this weekend.