ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Helper Springs - AST Coilovers

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi guys, looking to get a set of of AST coilovers and need to run them with helper springs on the rear. Anyone know which ones would work best?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure they already come with helper springs.
They sure do. 😎
3C39676E-D66C-4F08-BAB7-F6F9F736A46D.jpeg

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I mean ones that go where the standard rear springs are. Picture above just shows the coilovers?

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I don't mean helper springs on the damper, needs a separate spring in the original position too.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I don't mean helper springs on the damper, needs a separate spring in the original position too.

Can't see that working at all.

Probably best to go for a BC coilover on the rear instead, which retains the standard shock and spring setup.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Its straight forward to work out but if you are looking for a kit like that on the facebook forum someone is selling a custom MeisterR GT1 coilover kit with the setup you need already. Its a good bit of kit and only has testing miles on it.
In short you basically double the spring rate in the standard position so for the AST coilover designed for 80nmm springs you want roughly an 160nmm in the OEM location. Due to the way the springs work i'd run a tad softer if you are stripped out - maybe 140nmm. It will need to be custom wound so getting the ride height worked out may be your most tricky issue though if AST have that worked out happy days.