ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which new phone? Orange so not I-phone

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I don't want to pay anything, so I think that knocks out the N96, I think they want £150+ for existing customers.

My choices so far:

Blackberry Bold

Blackberry Curve 8900

What is the difference between them?

Nokia N85

Nokia E71

Don't really want another SE as I've just had a K850i, and it hasn't been good at all, so kind of lost faith with them.

Any other options to add to the mix. Don't want Motorolla or Samsung.

1.2 16v Dynamique
I have the 8900 Curve and I love it, the best mobile I have owned. The main differance if the Curve has a 3.2mp camera but no 3g access, the Bold has 2MP camera and 3G access.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
No 3G, it's looking like the Bold has won the Blackberry challenge then.

Is the E71 3G?

I used to love my Nokia's, and I'm actually half tempted just to get a nice simple Nokia to use, as apposed to a fancy smart phone.

The N96 and N85 look vv.cheap IMO.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I had a long look at the Storm before deciding I didn't like the clickable screen - felt cheap to me.

What about the HDC HD DHD HDHD SHDHD Diamond, or whatever it's called?

1.2 16v Dynamique
The Storm is exclusive to Vodafone atm and it doesn't have WiFi connectivity, which is pants as I use my Curve via WiFi all the time

Dynamique Flamer
I had a long look at the Storm before deciding I didn't like the clickable screen - felt cheap to me.

What about the HDC HD DHD HDHD SHDHD Diamond, or whatever it's called?

HTC? isnt it? I know someone who just got one havent seen it working yet! Dont get a samsung! :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I need a new phone next month and I have no idea what to get. Wont be a Blackberry, anyway. I have an iPod Touch for all that jizzle. One with a decent camera, I guess.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I need a new phone next month and I have no idea what to get. Wont be a Blackberry, anyway. I have an iPod Touch for all that jizzle. One with a decent camera, I guess.

Buy a decent camera and a normal phone? Probably end up keeping the camera for longer, and the phone would be cheaper. :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Buy a decent camera and a normal phone? Probably end up keeping the camera for longer, and the phone would be cheaper. :cool:

That would mean carrying a camera around with me in my pocket every day, which is not going to happen. I always need a camera to take pictures of random things and send them to people. Camera phone = WIN.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
PMSL mate, fair enough.

I think that this is what you're after

camera-phone.jpg

1.2 16v Dynamique
Bold 9000 does everything. No arguing it's the best choice. fact.

G

Bold may do more but I didn't mind sacrificing 3G access for a slightly better camera and for a slightly smaller handset with the Curve, it was the ideal choice for me, suppose it depends exactly what you require from a phone...

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Garmin G60 - not sure which network it's going to be on but it looks like the best - everything that an iphone has but more and better.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It's looking like the Bold, but might nip and have a play with some of the other options.

Cheers all.