ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which number is the paint code number

Which number is the paint code on the plate found inside the drivers door.

Reason I ask is that there was a paint defect on the inside of my iceberg 172 boot and spoiler. Renault offeered to respray the whole boot and spoiler but I said just give me a touch up pen and Ill do it my self (its very small and on the inside so it very hard to see). The guy took the code off the plate and ordered me a touch up pen. Ive since used it and its a distinctively different shade so Id like to check if the numbers on the touch up pen match the numbers on the door, but theres so many numbers (on both the pen and door plate) Id like to be sure what Im checking.

Thanks

I think there only one silver colour dont worry about that.

I wouldnt have imagined there would be a problem ordering some paint if they have checked the oval plate.

Your cars paint is bound to be slightly fadded from what it was an new and being as your appling new paint it will need some time to fade and blend it.

Did you use a small (modeling are the best) brush to apply the paint as that should help minimise how it would appear.

Try giving the areas a good polish and see if it become less noticiable.

Sounds like a good dealer though you used.

Skoda Fabia vRS

there isnt 1 silver colour

and the paint code part of all those codes should be in your manual for the car, have a look in the index under paint, or VIN etc etc

Ha, good dealer (it was Reg Vardy in Sheffield, although they have actually been really good)

Well the story is a bit more complex than what I described above.

I noticed the defect with 2 weeks of getting the car, got the paint and applied it within 4 weeks and noticed the difference. Took it back and they said that when I applied the laquer it would change slightly and match the rest of the panel (I dont see how as laquar is clear). Anyway it didnt.

9 months on and several washes and waxes later, the difference is still as apparent as ever.

Thing is I want to repair a small chip in my bonnet but Im worried Ive got the wrong colour. It is very different almost like its the normal silver metallic and not the iceberg one. I dont suppose anyone has the code for the normal silver metallic?

Thanks again.

BRUN, Ive just checked.

Right my paint code on the door is MV640

The label on the paint pot says UV 1 640

Now, (me puts stupid hat on, whay hey, it fits) these are different, right?

Skoda Fabia vRS

from the earlier Clios its just 3 numbers, such as the 640

however, i know there are 4 shades of Renault Pearl Black, so maybe the M and the U are shades ???

if possible mate, ring me at work tomorrow 01744 25595 (Motor World) ask for Martyn

what ill do is ring our branch with the paint machine and get them to see if any different shades come up on the computer

i was trying to get that limited edition paint for the clio extreme an the codes all began with an f,this one was like f47 an the guy said my paint code was like f42 or something?

Thanks to BRUN for pointing me in the right direction.

Renaults official stance is: Theres only one shade of Iceberg Silver.

Everyone elses: No, theres at least 3.

So took the car to a paintshop who do renaults, he got his colour chart out for all the DIFFERENT shades of Iceberg they knew of, matched the colour, mixed me up a pot, then said "dont worry about paying, Ill stick it on the next job I do for Renault" RESULT.