ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which one should i go for??

S2 106 GTI
Right I have been thinking long and hard about getting a new motor, currently own a LCR - and I have thought of a few cars I would like. I was up for getting an evo but due to wanting to get a house soon and also running the car everyday it would be very expensive!
I like having a car which not many people have in the area and I would also like my nxt car to be the same.
So my choice of motors are (i wanted to do a poll but unsure how??)

-Clio R27
-Clio 197 cup
-Clio Trophy
-Megane R26
-Megane F1
-Focus RS
-Teg DC5 (I would love one but there are already 5 white ones in the area!)
-CTR EP3 JDM spec

I love the looks of all the above cars! so its a very hard choice!!!
For the rareness I am swinging towards the CTR JDM but the cost of them and how old they is still silly money - where I could get a new motor for that price (but you have the rareness of it :approve:)

As I said I love the looks of all the cars! :S

Italian 3.2 V6
if u have a list like that, u might aswel shorten it down to

-Megane F1/R26
-Focus RS/ST
and other 2...

whats your budget? would u rather more mpg than performance, if so go for the Megane 175 DCI, that is rapid around the track, just as fast as all the others! (mint chasis) and is a diesel, loads a torque so feels as fast if not faster, much better to tax, insure and run! looks as good! best all rounder tbh, also get it in white or liquid yellow to stand out that bit more!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
only type R honda's ive driven have been a B16 and a B18 civic and imo i find vtec a bit boring, its awesome fun to begin with but you get fed up having to hammer the nuts off it everywhere so id be looking for something with a bit more mid range torque so would be the megane F1 for me or possibly R27 clio but never driven one yet.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Would have to be the White Civic Type R EP3 without a doubt.

There cant be more than 50 examples in the UK tbh

227bhp iirc

S2 106 GTI
if u have a list like that, u might aswel shorten it down to

-Megane F1/R26
-Focus RS/ST
and other 2...

whats your budget? would u rather more mpg than performance, if so go for the Megane 175 DCI, that is rapid around the track, just as fast as all the others! (mint chasis) and is a diesel, loads a torque so feels as fast if not faster, much better to tax, insure and run! looks as good! best all rounder tbh, also get it in white or liquid yellow to stand out that bit more!

Budget is no more than 12k I know thereare loads of other cars to choose from but I fancy something which you don't see every day! mpg doesn't really bother me as such as since I was 17 I have always had a performance car and petrol, well saying it doesn't bother me as such means I will be using the car everyday for work - so a evo is out of the question ATM

warren4 - Already have a stage 2 REVO map on and uprated anti roll bars

S2 106 GTI
Jamie on here used to have one! it went like a rocket! :eek:

just did an insurance quote on F1 megane......:approve: in the right price bracket! the Honda JDM was not...being an import and with my points etc... it was £300 more than what I'm paying now! where the megane was £400 cheaper :S

Do the 225 F1 meganes come with LSD or is that just on the newer R26's??

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
Budget is no more than 12k I know thereare loads of other cars to choose from but I fancy something which you don't see every day! mpg doesn't really bother me as such as since I was 17 I have always had a performance car and petrol, well saying it doesn't bother me as such means I will be using the car everyday for work - so a evo is out of the question ATM

warren4 - Already have a stage 2 REVO map on and uprated anti roll bars

ok its simple... look into an alfa romeo 147 GTA, very rare, very beautiful, very fast, torquey, decent mpg regarding it a 3L. defo a head turner and wouldnt b left for dead. and very good on a day to day basis! comfy and sounds amazing! ticks all the boxes u have said.

my cuzin has just bought a mint one, in the white colour, looks stunning and runs gr8! drive a few make sure u get a good one and look after it and it will never let u down ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=384857

S2 106 GTI
I am going to view a meggy F1 on sat which lives near me - never driven one so will find out. After that I would like to find a r27 then a Trophy. after that unsure!

Right I have been thinking long and hard about getting a new motor, currently own a LCR - and I have thought of a few cars I would like. I was up for getting an evo but due to wanting to get a house soon and also running the car everyday it would be very expensive!
I like having a car which not many people have in the area and I would also like my nxt car to be the same.

-Clio R27
-Clio 197 cup
-Clio Trophy
-Megane R26
-Megane F1
-Focus RS
-CTR EP3 JDM spec
If you like a car others don't have go for something older or rare none of those cars are that rare realy

Of the choice I'd go for a Focus RS

However I take it your after some sort of sporty car with a fair few mods ie no 172 CUp or 106 Rally etc? So what about the new schiroco or whatever its spelt from VW? Or an older RS2? R32?

S2 106 GTI
The focus is one of my top choices but my mate had one and said it was 'ok' but wasn't great - it had a exhaust, de-cat and filter. sounded lovely! I have seen a few going around and they still look very nice but I will have a drive of one to see what there like

378bhp Leon Cupra R
i raced a Focus RS when i had a 225 megane and i left it for dead both cars where standard at the time.

i have always had a soft spot for the megane F1 love the blue and black wheels

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

-Clio R27
-Clio 197 cup
-Clio Trophy
-Megane R26
-Megane F1
-Focus RS
-CTR EP3 JDM spec

As I said I love the looks of all the cars! :S

Clio r27 = stunning motor rarer than r26, mpg a big let down for performance :cool::cool:
Clio 197 cup = naff in my eyes awful dash and trim for a very small saving of weight, still fun, but would rather have a year older r27 no contest.:clown:
Clio Trophy = one of the best clios and rare. all 500 are the same though.:approve:
r26 = Great quick outstanding handling cars, bargain 2nd hand!!:D
Megane f1 = pay a little more and get the r26 nicer seats, LSD newer!:)
Focus RS = according to evo one of the quickest 0-100 hatches out there and very tuneable! but its a ford as exclusive as it should have been.:)
Hondas = ah there ok :rasp:
Mazda 3 MPS = Rapid!! once rolling from 60-100 8.2s against new subaru sti 7.6 and the best sleeper out there! let downs are no one hs been able to hack the ecu yet (in the uk) and TAX! cost me £400 for 12 months.:D
Alfa 147 gta = Beautiful italian stallion!! sound track to die for! and quite nippy .. on test on top gear jeremy clarkson said it anihilated the focus rs and r32 in the straights... but does need coilies.:D:D:cool:;)

ALL IMO

RIP cup, now 172ph1
i would go for the megane R26 personally, with the graphics of coarse!

what about an vw R32? would hold its price better than all if you get a good one..
possibly a focus.. but would drive these three to see what you prefer

wouldnt go for a honda...i dont like the way they drive and they sound rubbish!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Jamie on here used to have one! it went like a rocket! :eek:

just did an insurance quote on F1 megane......:approve: in the right price bracket! the Honda JDM was not...being an import and with my points etc... it was £300 more than what I'm paying now! where the megane was £400 cheaper :S

Do the 225 F1 meganes come with LSD or is that just on the newer R26's??
Only the R26 comes with the LSD, but from what I've heard they can be added for sensible monies.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
new s3 great hatch but at a not so great price.. would rather have New STI, wait for a new focus RS or for fun r26-r
but gib is about 10k short....

"Navy" N17 TWO
only type R honda's ive driven have been a B16 and a B18 civic and imo i find vtec a bit boring, its awesome fun to begin with but you get fed up having to hammer the nuts off it everywhere so id be looking for something with a bit more mid range torque so would be the megane F1 for me or possibly R27 clio but never driven one yet.

V-Tec
All that lag and no turbo ~ like waiting for bad sex :rasp: