ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which pads to choose for my 1.6?

Mazda MX5 1.8
1. Halfords own
2. Ferodo
3. Green stuff
4. Pagid fast road
5. Renault std pads

on std disks

have to last a fair distance + not make too much mess on the wheels

Stock are fine if you ant a proper upgrade 4 pots are the best ever there much more expensive but they make a 172 look like its not got brakes.
If you want a cheap upgrade Ds2500's are an option and don't seem to bad but they quek a bit.
£17 from Hhalford FDB845 I use and there fine ven for track use. Or £13 from Motorworld (although they have a different part number so cannot say if there the same).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My Pagid FR's squeek like a gimp whenever it's cold/wet/dark/thursday.

i'm running Brembo High Carbon discs though.

...i'll be changing next time methinks.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172
Ive just had Greenstuff pads fitted to my 1.6 and they work very well and eliminate some of that much hated brake dust.

clio__chris said:
anyone else to help me make up my mind before i go out and buy some tomorrow?
Standard if you do hard road driving DS2500 if you drive very hard on track.
Only time I've ver faded standard was at bedford which is a very fast circuit and hard on brakes never faded anywhere else ring, Oulton, Donnigton, Brands.

Mazda MX5 1.8
nah i take it steady most of the time so std ones will probably be fine

have been good for 22k on a set of pads from new.......lol (still on my std tyres as well!)
gonna really struggle to get to halfords and back i think without getting onto the metal backs

kinda makes me feel like somethings wrong that both the tyres and the brakes have lasted so long!

clio__chris said:
nah i take it steady most of the time so std ones will probably be fine

have been good for 22k on a set of pads from new.......lol (still on my std tyres as well!)
gonna really struggle to get to halfords and back i think without getting onto the metal backs

kinda makes me feel like somethings wrong that both the tyres and the brakes have lasted so long!
Change them in the car park its not difficult realy 40 minues say.

Mazda MX5 1.8
well i went over and got some std pads.....

turns out i actually have loads left on my pads at the moment so it will be a while until they are fitted

i assume they are the correct ones. seem to be used on almost every renault ever made by the looks of things

clio__chris said:
well i went over and got some std pads.....

turns out i actually have loads left on my pads at the moment so it will be a while until they are fitted

i assume they are the correct ones. seem to be used on almost every renault ever made by the looks of things
Yep all 1.8 16v clios pluis the Williams plus all Mk2 phase 2 none RS plus the same pads as the 5GTT plus the 1.6 16V Mk2 phase 1 plus the Kango plus the Megans (well some models) plus the 205 GTI and CTi models.