ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which phone?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Getting an upgrade with my contract soon, and at the moment the decent phones i have to choose from are

Nokia N95
Samsung G600
Samsung U700
Samsung F300
Motorola Z8

Which one do u think i should get?...

Im leaning towards the N95 more, because of the built in GPS!

?
Gps in n95 is shite. Generally there awful phones to use as well.

Im looking at getting a g600. So, i would say that.

?
The z8 is not very nice to use i found. The whole sliding mechanism seemed gimicky and felt like it could break easily.

Did have a quick look at someones P1i today, they look nice.

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have the N95 on virgin and its awesome.

Its worth it for the camera, infact i didn't bother taking my point and click cannon digi to Trax - the pictures of that are simply brilliant

sorry about the size but its to prove a point

cliostandbig.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
YEa im thinking of getting the n95... if not, upgrade to the most expensive phone, sell it on eBay, and get a nicer phone.. like the P1i

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Wife has had the G600 this week heres a photo of my motor taken with it, car is dirty in pic apologies, the only downside that i can see with it is the flash is an LED not a proper xenon job, apart from that it is pretty cool
photo0063cs2.jpg

Formally Clio 182
Wait to early October for phones as new Sony Ericsson and Nokias are coming out.

Look out for the SE K850i and the Nokia N81

172 cup
N95 with latest firmwear is awsome i have it and the picture quality is really really good for a phone.

prior to firmwear upgrade it was a poor phone though.

if you get one its a must and then you will love it trust me

Renaultsport Clio 172
Its a bit of a brick, but it rules my life now, who needs a pda when you have a n95 and a bluetooth keyboard

?
Yeh i suppose its good in terms of pda functions. But ive used one a lot and as a normal day to day phone (ie.. i only use my phone for photos/calls/texts)... it just doesnt do it for me.

But if you want all the other advantages of an n95, like the wide range of programs etc then go for it.

I think ill buy a g600 once the prices go down though, as ive had a d600 for the last 2/3 years and imho its brilliant for what i do. I dont need a music player etc (ipod) and no need for a pda. if i did need those things though, id probly consider a sony erricson or n95, depending on music/pda.

172 cup
yeah if your not going to use the features then obviously the n95 isnt for you. If im honest i use a lot of em apart from the gps actually as i have a road angel anyway

172 Cup
z8 is crap mate i sold it for over £200 then brought a w880i and no problems with it yet its fantastic

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Same situation. However, I'm not on contract at the moment, just fancy a change.

I wanted the uber expensive N95, but after seeing it in a phone shop and actually being told by the salesman that it had a few flaws and was bulky for the pocket, I decided against it. Good salesmanship that man.

The missus likes the Samsung G600. Great camera and stylish too, but I dont think I could venture away from Sony or Nokia at the most.

Think I'll wait for the K850i. The N81 looks tip top, but I'm not happy about the 2MP camera, when the K850i has 5MP and will rival the N95.

Will wait and see, although the K810i at the moment is cool.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yea think i'm gnna wait for the K850i also.. but i wouldn't mind the GPS function on the N95 ... hmmm... but its bulky in the pocket

Is there a phone out there thats smaller than the N95, but has the GPS function?

172 cup
a phone with all those features is probably gonna be bigger than most.
whats the point in GPS on a piss small screen anyway?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have to agree. If you want GPS, buy a Tom Tom or something. On a mobile though? Its an absolute battering ram on the battery, and you could just go online on your mobile and get directions if it was that important.

Its clever, yes. Functional and worth it yet? No, in my opinion.

al

ST on the way...
I love my K800i loads of stuff on it and the pics are excellent!!! :D

vee.jpg

fxx.jpg

197.jpg

...and it's a phone as well!! ;)

?
The nokia 6600 (maybe) navigator is smaller than the n95 and the sat nav on that is VERY much better than the n95. have a look at them if its sat nav your after