ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which polish or wax is the best for clio

Lee

BMW M2C

Its a very sensual thing you know K. Just you, the wax and the car. Its still silky smooth now. :oops:

I use supaguard at the moment as we had it done when we bought it, but we will not be buying any further products. I normally spend 4 - 5 hours on Sunday cleaning her, Mate uses Autoglym and it seems to be good stuff and he has never had any problems with it, but i have heard good thing about Meguiars that is why i will buying alot of there stuff to clean the car in future.

Quote: Originally posted by lincswhite on 24 August 2004

ive always used the auto glym range and never had problems, i know alot of peeps on here dont like it though

Yes the finish from autoglym is very good but the polish is abrasive:(

Quote: Originally posted by Matt 172 on 24 August 2004

I use supaguard at the moment as we had it done when we bought it, but we will not be buying any further products. I normally spend 4 - 5 hours on Sunday cleaning her, Mate uses Autoglym and it seems to be good stuff and he has never had any problems with it, but i have heard good thing about Meguiars that is why i will buying alot of there stuff to clean the car in future.
every now and then i give it a coat of supagrd that came with it and tbh i cant fault that either

I cannot fault the Supaguard, the leather cleaning kit is quite good, the amount of dirt that it brings up is very good.

Just wanting something that will give it that mirror finish, there is nothing better than seeing a car just cleaned, shinning in the sunlight.

The only thing is cleaning the poxy alloys, i use this alloy cleaner i have forgotten the name of it just applicate it using the brush and it shifts anything, however i have been told that i maybe removing the laquer, Do you have any ideas on what to use?

RX-8

Im with Lee on the zymol Titanium only problem is my magic micro wax rag polisher thingy is now covered in wax Im not to sure how to wash it, any ideas hopefully I dont ahve to buy a new one as there £16 a pop I think!

dk

911 GTS Cab

i think its just warm soapy water J182, all my stuff came with instructions on how to use it, I think there is a user manual you can download on the website.

VaVa

Meguiars #16 carnuaba wax. Awesome. Would put a deep shine on a turd.

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 24 August 2004 at 5:53pm]

where do you get this zymol titanium wax from lee and j182, if its as good as you reackon i might give it ago. also how much is it?

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 24 August 2004

ive always used the auto glym range and never had problems, i know alot of peeps on here dont like it though

Yes the finish from autoglym is very good but the polish is abrasive:(

not if u use the extra gloss protection.. it even states its none abrasive ;) the super resin polish is tho, but the very abrasive autoglym is the paint revinator/restorer (cant rememebr the exact name now)

Lee

BMW M2C

where do you get this zymol titanium wax from lee and j182, if its as good as you reackon i might give it ago. also how much is it?
I got mine from http://www.vertar.comwww.vertar.com Phil often gives a small discount to Cliosport members too. I think I paid about £128 for the starter kit and a nice new sponge.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 24 August 2004

I got mine from http://www.vertar.comwww.vertar.com Phil often gives a small discount to Cliosport members too. I think I paid about £128 for the starter kit and a nice new sponge.
£128 !! bloody hell is it made of gold?

seriously though thats alot of money for polish though in one go, does iy go along way because it needs to for thay price.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

i followed Lees advice and got zymol.......concours.... it was about £200 for the starter pack........wish it would stop raining so i could use it !......I picked it up from the guy who sells it and his car was gleaming !.....:D

i have treyd loads of cleaners for me alloys but ya know what i have found that works the best is the autoglym body shampoo with a sponge seems to clean them better than the alloy cleaners and the dust stays of them for longer as well. give it a go you wont be disapointed. plus when ever i use these proper cleaners when ever i get it on the tyre i always have to clean the tyres after as well but with the shampoo i have never had tyo just rinse of the excess and their done.

Ford Fiesta

had diamond brite done on my last car from dealer, looked well nice to start with though I dont think it lasts the years they state it does. Just using the top up stuff anyway.

dont forget guys there is another wax and polish which will give you great results and you can use all year round where you can only use zymol in the summer when its warm .zymol will not cure when it is cold so think about that when you buy zymol you can only use it during summer .and in england that does not last for long lol.you should check out MOTHERS.i can show you cars done with mothers which will amaze you of the effect you can get with this product and it lasts aswell.yes i do have a intrest in the mothers products as im a mothers detailer i use to be a zymol detailer but moved over to using the mothers range due to the effect that i can get and how good all the products work.i earn my living by detailing clients cars i have to have the best products .im not like any other valeting company who buy there products with who can supply the cheapest polish i will only buy the best .i expect it to perform at the highest level.and this month i had a win with a clients car in the Merc Benz national concours event held in Chatham dockyard.:D

[Edited by topshotvaleting on 27 August 2004 at 11:50pm]

i use a mixture of the autoglym stuff a local bloke mixes me up a amount of wax and polish in one bottle and it works a treat. will post some pics in the morning. for £10 it has done my car 3 times and still works well nice. bottle is 2/3rds full still. 500ml coke bottle full. will still get some zymol when i can afford it but the auto glym mix works well good for now. no complaints.

clio 182 owner

Mini Cooper S sport

Does anyone use Swissol? Im thinking of getting some of that, and its miles cheaper than Zymol.

I want something that doesn t leave swirl marks.

Ford Fiesta

a spec of dust on a sponge can cause a swirl, therefore if you want to wash and keep your car clean then you are going to get swirls. keep them to a minimum by keeping clean sponges and spraying your car first with plentyof water.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ive used meguairs, zymol, autoglym and swissol, and i think that swissol is by far the best product i have used.

Malice you should try MOTHERS couple of weeks ago i had one of my clients cars win a national merc benz concours event .the car had been detailed using Mothers.