ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which polish

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Is Turtle Wax Colour Plus any good?

When it says polishing wax, does it actually protect the car as good as simple wax?

350z & 16v Maxi

Nope, an actual wax is the best!! And that Simonize stuff is the best wax.

I polished my bros bonnet with it about a year ago and when you was and polish the car with mer or Auto Glym or something now the bonnet still comes up better than the rest of the car.

Autoglym or, I use Turtle Wax Extreme Wax lately.. great stuff.

Leaves the car sooooooooo smooth to touch - lovely.

Daz.

Williams 2, STi N12

Liquid parafin, or rub in a few firelighters from the B-B-Q, works a treat, but doesnt smell very nice!

Auto Glym Super Resin has always been a favourite, but if the paintwork is dulling slightly, then colour magic is brilliant (followed by some super resin polish).

I always use Autoglym for any car cleaning, for polish i do one coat of Autoglym Super resin polish and one coat Autoglym Extra Gloss, although these products do leave a dust a quck flick over with v soft cloth removes this and the finish is the best i have ever had from any product.
Clare

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u know the water beading isnt a good sign, what should not bead it should sheet off, because if it beads then it will get dirt in to the beads of water dry and leave lumps of dirt on your car.

autoglym does this and looks good to begin with but after a few days looks pap.

i use meguiars it is very good if u use it propperly, they do a 3 step treatment first step is the paint cleaner u put it on let it mist then wipe off once u have wiped it off the paint looks much better and if u rub ur hand on the paint its much smoother and squeeks, then is the wax which like the zymol stuff puts a protective barrier on it and takes a while but lasts well then u polish it to make it really shiney, the water then sheets off and will not bead on your bonnet.

i think it costs 30 - 40 quid for the full 3 step thing but it is worth it they also do a quick mist detailer that if u say go to a show and u have waxed car day before but on the way u got dirt on it u spray the quick detailer on and whipe straight off and it cleans the car.

zymol is also very good and also do a 3 stage treatment like the meguairs but each step costs 80 quid per product!!!!!!!

but its the stuff f1 teams use as clean paint creats less drag and makes u go faster :D

MalicE

Skoda Fabia vRS

the green Zymol from halfords is the best stuff i have used so far, and so is the concentrated wash

how anyone uses the auto glym polish i dont know, its crap !

Autoglym contains some sort of t-cut type stuff I think so I stopped using it!

To be honest Simonz Wax lasts 10 times longer than any others that ive tried (lots). By far the worst was Mer - Yuk

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Malice; if the rain doesnt form droplets on ur car then u dont have a layer of wax between the cars bodywork & the rain; so its not protected against the elements! Or am i talking boll*cks?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

a car that forms droplets weather it has been waxed or not is a bad thing cos say u go out and it rains then u get home and u see nice droplets on your car now dust in the air gets attracted to the water and gets stuck inside the water, then when the water dries u get left the dust but it is consentrated in to a small area and if u brush it off will scratch the paint and also leave faint marks on the paint.

long term droplets will lead to oxidisation which is crap, the water should sheet of pour straight off the paint so if u were to pour water on it, it should just run straight off and not leave a trace of water on there, meguairs do this well and so does zymol.

if u have ever put rain x on your windows u will understand what i mean.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Droplets look good anyway. ;)

Its not like we own Bentleys so its not that important is it, as long as its shiney and protected?

i agree i used autoglym for 20 years thought it was the dogs (i was wrong)

JUst got a zymol starter kit for £100 and its the best thing ever no polish marks either.

now i wash and dry my car in 15 minutes to look like new.

the second stage is a pain in the ass though.

And you will need 4 cloths to do a good job.

i only use zymol wax stuff, and its good, if friggin annoying to apply, and dont let it dry etc.....

apart from that, a normal wash then wax. im more concerned with washing teh underside and wheel arches to prevent rust.

Zymol is awesome - but you do get funny looks from the neighbours when you apply it with your hands, especially when you do it late at night.

Yeah, you take a small amount of the wax and rub it between the palms of your hands to melt it, then apply it to the car. It does have the advantage that if there is any dirt/gritty bits get in the way you will feel them unlike using a foam pad/cloth.

I just started using zymol last weekend...the car previously had been through car washes/jet washed all sorts and was a bit dull and very swirly.

Spent 4 1/2 hours using the wash, lem clay, hd cleanse and 2 coats of carbon wax....car looked better than it did the day i picked it up from dealer...paintwork is smooth like glass and looks like a mirror.

Amazing products....but it did cost me £200 for the entire kit.

If anyone wants a pic of the car i can email, dont have it online so i cant host.

Amazing products and surprisingly easy to apply / wipe off, just takes time.

Ta

Jamie

Just a question, no matter what wax you have or how much you put on the car,it will always bead no matter what. If you can prove me wrong with video evidence i will say sorry but until then what has been saud is wrong. I use meguiar and its the nuts, paint feels like silk

I am finally going home tonight so i will host the pics myself and post a bunch of links to my and my mates S2000 (did them both at same time)

Regarding the beading of water....when you have gone over the paintwork with the lehm clay and hd cleanse, the water then sits on the paint work and stays in a large patch and slides off eventually, as soon as you put a couple of coats of the good wax zymol have then the water beads and whizzes away (when driving)

Ta

Jamie