ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which polishing cloths?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I'm gonna give my car a good going over in the next couple of days

Clay'd - megs quik detailer
Stage 1 Megs Crystal Paint Cleaner
Stage 2 Megs Crystal Deep Polish
Stage 3 Megs Crystal Carnuba Wax

but i want to know which application cloths are the best? Would you just use 100% cotton cloths or them megs applicator pads?? or any other suggestions?

thx

106 GTi
Application:

QD direct on to the panel, Others with a Megs foam hand pad.

Removal:

QD - Micropak Ultra Plushes.
Paint Cleaner and Polish - Micropak Ultras
Wax - Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel

al

ST on the way...
The Tesco Microfibre cloths are excellent and only 99p each, and pass the CD test too :)

al

ST on the way...
I use them at any stage, have been reccomended by a few on detailing world too.

The CD test is where you get a clean, unscratched CD give it a hellish rub with a microfibre and check for scratches, if it doesn't scratch the cloths good to go :D

RB 182
Rich said:
Application:

QD direct on to the panel, Others with a Megs foam hand pad.

Removal:

QD - Micropak Ultra Plushes.
Paint Cleaner and Polish - Micropak Ultras
Wax - Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel

Micropak's - http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/Details.asp?ac=1&GroupID-297769=1590&StartRecord=0&StartLetter297769=

Sonus Der Wunder Buffing Towel - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/microfibre-cloths/sonus-der-wunder-buffing-towel-pkg/2/p_88.html

The above are much plusher than the Tesco ones.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
al said:
I use them at any stage, have been reccomended by a few on detailing world too.

The CD test is where you get a clean, unscratched CD give it a hellish rub with a microfibre and check for scratches, if it doesn't scratch the cloths good to go :D

I've got loads of tescos blue m/f cloths * goes to get some cd's * ;) Just tested , they passed :)

I bought some from Aldi a couple of weeks ago , plusher than the tescos ones 2 in a pack for £1.29 one normal m/f the other is smooth and excellent for glass / mirrors etc .....

Last edited:

al

ST on the way...
I've got one of the big plush towels from David but TBH I haven't found any negatives in using the tesco ones, they're plush enough and fine when they are folded in 4 for removal.