ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which replacement wipers do you recommend

Hi,

The front and rear wipers on my mk2 172 are crap. Even with a perfectly clean windscreen (tried proprietary glass cleaners, meths, alcohol) and clean blades, the wipers smear - its almost like theyre not removing all the water and leaving a very thin flim/smear of water behind.

SOOOOO, which replacements do you recommend? I really wanted to get some of the Bosch AeroTwin wipers but cant seem to find them anywhere. So what else is available out there.

Oh yeah, what size do I need to get and are they easy for an idiot to fit?

Thanks,

Face

Hi Face,
I think theyre 21 inches for the front ones. I couldnt seem to find any decent ones when I had to replace mine. So I just went for the Bosch Super ones from Halfords.. which do exactly what you described above, they smear all the time! :(

I give them a quick squirt of the washer jet. Seems to do the trick (as long as you have windscreen wash in the tank rather than water).

EDD

mk1 172

i got these silver jobbies from http://www.carnoisseur.comwww.carnoisseur.com (well actually i went to the shop, not online) and hand on heart, my windows never get smeared or streakey, they come clean and clear every time.

i cant remember what kind they were, savage i think

cheers

darswold

Ive had my car for a year now and Im struggling with the smeared windscreen problem. I originally thought it happened because of the waxing Renault applied to the car, but after endless glass cleaning it still smears. New wiper blades here we come...

Skoda Fabia vRS

i used to use Bosch blades, now use Champion, youd be surprised at the quality of em actually, give em a go

Ive just got the halfords twin pack stuff on the williams, they blades, they clean water, and theyre cheap - what more do ya want?

Has anyone tried the PIAA ones, they are apparently silicone - not sure if that makes them better or worse. They also come in a carbon-fibre effect.

The Halfords ones work well for about a week if you get no rain, ive gone back to the Bosch ones also you can fit a 22 on the drivers side to clear a bit more of the top right hand of the screen it just fits