ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which should I buy?

Nissan Jewk
I've been offered a Canon 350d with either of the following lenses:

18-55mm (£250 all in)
18-200mm (£340 all in)

I was originally looking at the 1000d (brand new) with 18-55mm lens for around the £350 mark. What should I go for? The £250 option is very appealing!

Nissan Jewk
How much should I offer for just the 350d body? Its in good nick. Crouchie, any links for the f1.8 matey?

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Go for 350D for one main reason - CF cards.

Faster and if you end up upgrading bodies in the future, higher end are all CF card based. Canon 1D's allow you to use both SD/CF or only one.

1000D is still great but even smaller than the 350D and takes SD which is fine unless you plan to upgrade in the future.

I have about 100gb worth of CF cards which I built up when I had my 400D. I would be uberpeeved if I had to switch when I upgraded.

I would grab the 18-55 since when you start off, a 50mm will be a bit uncomfortable since you will have one lens with NO ability to zoom unless you move your feet.
Something to think about.

Cupra
How much should I offer for just the 350d body? Its in good nick. Crouchie, any links for the f1.8 matey?

I think you'd probably get a bite for anywhere between 100-150. Nobody wants them any more.

It's also important to know how many shots it has taken. 350D is only good for 50,000 shots.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I got the 1000D as an insurance replacement for my eos30 (film) and i'm pretty happy with it tbh. It came with the standard lens (18-55) but i also have a sigma70-210 and a tamron19-35. On the look out for a good macro and a better replacement for the sigma lens.

The big question.

What version of the 18-55? If its the Mk1 non-IS, get the 18-200 IS, people are calling it a dog of a lens but for a first lens, I'm sure its stella, massive reach, convenient and with IS to boot.