ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which side do my wheels go on?

fiesta 1.25
I have my wheels back with new tyres but how do i find out which side they go on as there is not an arrow of direction.

B

Brown.

there souldbe a smallarrow some where!!!, get some pics on here... wat make and model are they ?

Breaking A 172 Replica
Some tyres are not directional. Therefore they can go either way round/either side. These are often the cheaper budget type tyres.

If the tread doesn't look to be going in any particular direction then they are the above. If the tread does appear to be going in a direction you want the thinnest part of the arrow to hit the ground first when driving forwards.

Sam

fiesta 1.25
They are continenal contisport 195 45 16.There is no arrow anywhere and i cant get pics but i think i have put them on right. hopefully.

Breaking A 172 Replica
When I was reffering to "the arrow" I didn't mean the arrow on the side wall I meant the tread pattern arrow shape.

Sam

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If there's no arrow they aren't directional and they can go on either side.

Hold on, info found. They have an asymetric tread pattern, but they are not directional. They should have been fitted on every wheel so the same side of the tread pattern is outwards. But they can be fitted to either side of the car.

Asymetric tyres usually have a coloured band around them to give the tire fitters another clue, if they haven't read the documentation, and they haven't noticed the tread pattern.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Some tyres are not directional. Therefore they can go either way round/either side. These are often the cheaper budget type tyres.

Not true, Michelin Pilot Exaltos are not directional and they're not cheap.

Tyres are either asymetric (sp?) or directional.

Directional have to rotate in a particular direction (arrow indicates direction)

Asymetric have to have one side of the tyre on the outside of the car (one side of the tyre is normally marked "outside").