ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which sub

lookin for a good sub, 10 or 12 maybe, not bothered about goin for roarin volume, mainly good sound. any recommendations?

Skoda Fabia vRS

totally depends on your budget mate

personally i can recommend the Phoenix Gold Octane R range, ive had em myself, will be having em again, and have sold a few in the shop i work at, they are very good subs for the cash.......

RB 182

As far as brands go, what would best the to look at?

For example for a head unit I would get an Apline.

Skoda Fabia vRS

for around the £150max mark id look at the following

Phoenix Gold Octane R
R.E RE
JL W0
Precision Power PC
never heard one, but the Magnat Destroyer is probably worth a look too, Magnat stuff is very very good value for money, their amps are excellent for the cash, and id be tempted by that sub in that price range

tbh for an extra £30 you can go to another level, but it depends if you have that kind of money, JL W3v2, Phoenix Gold Octane ZR, Diamond CM3

Stretch your budget to £180 for the Audio Systems 12" sub, you know ya wanna!!! ;) Thats the mid range 12" though, not heard the base model (no pun intended) not sure on price of it either.

Renault Clio 172

I have a 12" Infinity Perfect 12.1 and they kick pretty well, boyfriend also has 3x Re subs and everyone seems to like them.:)

Turbo Convesion Started!!

The best buget price sub is a 12" JBL sub from motorworld (formally les smiths)

if you dont have a small budget, get a DB Audio 1200watt rms sub, you can pick em up from the net pretty cheap BUT you have to get em from america cos you cant get em over here anymore, so i been told.

i have the DB audio sub and am totally pleased with it, however, if i was to get another one, i would defo go for the JBL as they are really good for the price!!!!

Turbo Convesion Started!!

oh cant remember exactly, but the JBL 12" is either £50 or £75, i believe its £50 eack, so u could afford to get 2 subs plus the box for under £150 and i guarantee u wont be dissappointed if u have an amp powerful enough to run em

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by liamrsi on 23 March 2005

The best buget price sub is a 12" JBL sub from motorworld (formally les smiths)
not the case really mate, a handful of shops which were Les Smiths are now Motor World but they are only down south i think, the company itself has over 230 stores, its national

Skoda Fabia vRS

oh and the JBL subs from Motor World are as follows

10" - £30
12" - £50
15" - £75
they are all usually double that price in a lot of other places, they are excellent value foe money subs, but if you have the cash spend your budget and choose wisely and you will get a better sub than the JBL

i know weve done this budget to death, but once more wont hurt me

10" circa £150

Diamond CM3
JL Audio W3v2
Mac Maximus
Orion P10
Directed CompX

12" circa £150

Precision Power PP12
Directed 312
Vibe Space 12
Infinity Perfect 12 (if you know all about enclosures, this one can sound amazing)

well i last put one in a bandpass enclosure which had a lot of development work, port length, placement and box tuning

there is no right or wrong for a sub, just how you change the sound from the enclosure

i looked at pheonix gold octane r 12" today for £100. any good? and also the components to go with it. any better ideas for components aswell?

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Hart on 25 March 2005

i looked at pheonix gold octane r 12" today for £100. any good? and also the components to go with it. any better ideas for components aswell?
they are excellent for the cash mate, very good, ive owned 2 of em

I have a 12" Polk Momo MM120 sub for sale.

Very good sub, its a few years old now, it retailed at £389 when new, and works well from selaed enclosures, and looks awesome.

£100 + delivery

I also have a pair of brand new unused A/D/S coaxials, which are boxed and i never installed them. 364i.

£125

Lmk if youre interested.

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 29 March 2005

let us know what you decide to get and what you think of it...
He had a field day in MotorWorld youll be please to here Brun, go a deal as well, £80 off.

Do you mean you got a deal? or youve been offered one? if you got a deal the following is a bit pointless!!! but hey!

the polk subs are great sq subs, i had a 10" one

have you thought about 2nd hand? have a look in the http://www.talkaudio.co.ukwww.talkaudio.co.uk exchange. you could get an re se12 or a cystal comp 12 for that!

It depends if its going ported sealed, and what your looking for, sq, streetbass, ect

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by benclelland on 01 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 29 March 2005

let us know what you decide to get and what you think of it...
He had a field day in MotorWorld youll be please to here Brun, go a deal as well, £80 off.
one of the JBL packages no doubt, the subs were cheap anywayz, the deals were doing on that stuff at the moment is insane !!

RB 182

Actually forgot to say it wasnt a JBL package although they did seem good value.

Got an amp that was meant to be about £300, got it with about £50 off (cant remember the name of it) the sub was a 12" Pheonix Gold as recommended and got the cabling free.

Skoda Fabia vRS

nice one mate, you wont be disappointed with that sub, they are excellent for the cash....

hey, yeah didnt seem bad gettin 80 quid off, whats the mac audio amp like? im waitin for my alarm to be fittin on the 15th, then its all goin in!!

dan

Skoda Fabia vRS

the Mac Audio stuff, again, is brilliant value for money, not bad quality at all either