ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Tablet?

if your not buying an imac, don't bother with a pc?
if your not buying an iphone, don't bother with a mobile?

That's a totally different argument.

The tablets from others are f**king awful. Apple is so far ahead with tablets, the others aren't even close.

Octy VRS
They aren't f**king awful, they just aren't as good. The Galaxy tab I tried was fine for the web etc and that's what it would be used for, maybe the odd film. Not fussed about a s**tload of pointless apps. I just asked which is the best non Apple one.

Ignoring all apps, the UI of the others is poor. They're buggy, they crash, they're slow etc.

It's just a waste of time.

LOL at willingly buying an inferior product for personal reasons. Yeah f**k you massive global corporation! Look at me sitting here with my inferior tablet. How d'ya like those apple eh? f**k you Steve! f**k you Apple!

Octy VRS
You've no idea what my reasons are. If a company has seriously pissed you off you generally stay away from them and don't buy their products.

I was simply asking which was the best of the rest. If they are all that s**t I'll get a small laptop or netbook. It's for the missus when she's in hospital.

Have been playing a lot with the Samsung Galaxy tab lately its simply an android phone with a bigger screen, so = win!

I love my Droid and simply want one with a bigger screen for better browsing experience. I simply do not wish to be tied into Apples closed marketplace. The android phones caught up with and in many a reviewers opinion overtook the iphone so I doubt we will have to wait too long for the tablets to catch up. I do acknowledge the ipad2 is currently superior and looks sexy too boot;)

It's for the missus when she's in hospital.

Honest question, do they have wifi in hospitals now?

Have you thought about a Kindle? I know it's far more limited than a general tablet but they are absolutely brilliant for reading.

Octy VRS
Yeah, thought about a Reader actually. For no other reason as I can get it cheap..It's just an endless book though. Just thought something that's not bulky to watch films on would be better. Not sure on wifi, can you not use 3G etc in hospitals? Maybe just an Archos or similar then, something that can do lots of different media.

tiTTy & SV650
I've noticed capacitive screened Android 2.3 tablets appearing via Maplins now, my GF has an Ipad its cracking but I personally wouldn't pay the premium for an apple product.

I'm not sure what android 2.3 is like on tablets?

A red missile
I've noticed capacitive screened Android 2.3 tablets appearing via Maplins now, my GF has an Ipad its cracking but I personally wouldn't pay the premium for an apple product.

I'm not sure what android 2.3 is like on tablets?

Neither would I, back when I bought the iPad, the Dell streak was more expensive and the Galaxy Tab was roughly the same so a no brainer for me, made the right choice too - absolutely love the iPad and it's better than both.

Ipad2 on the cards next week - use both at once - oh yes :)

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just an update on this for anyone that is interested.

I am an apple fanboi, i'll admit it.

However, my dad has an ipad2, my mum has just got a samsung galaxy tablet v10.1 for christmas, the Galaxy is so much better!

Everything is just easier on it, anyone who says its not hasn't used 1 for any length of time. Widgets for everything, quick, camera takes better photos and the screen appears to be alot clearer to me side by side than an ipad screen. Its not buggy as hell like others have said at all and doesn't crash or act all slow. It is a bit slower (as in a second or two) at loading websites, but in every other way that matters to me it is much better and I can wait that extra second as i'm sure you all could. App store for android is ram packed full of apps for everything you could ever want there was nothing I wanted an app for that I couldn't get.

Once again, I am an apple fanboi having had all the iPhones and regularly use my dads iPad however i'd take the samsung tablet over an ipad every time now and i'd suggest you do the same.

I quite fancy an android phone tbh if they are anywhere near as impressive as the tablet, its only after sitting on that tablet the past few days that i've realised just how annoyingly restrictive iOS is in so many ways.

Last edited:
  BMW335M/Clio200/182
LOL at willingly buying an inferior product for personal reasons. Yeah f**k you massive global corporation! Look at me sitting here with my inferior tablet. How d'ya like those apple eh? f**k you Steve! f**k you Apple!

LMFAO @inferior ^

Don't get too defensive fella, some people don't use Apple simply because they prefer the functionality of other products.

Times have moved on and Android 3.2 on Tegra architecture is very stable. Apple fanboys bragging about some useless apps in an attempt to convince themselves their product is superior is highly amusing.

Apple are going to be in trouble when ICS rolls out to Android tabs and phones and watching them lose their market share even more is going to be better for the consumer.

4G LTE will also be implemented in Android tabs much faster (this is already happening) which will present the Android ICS mobile and tablets with data speeds of up to 100Mbps.

Apple on the other hand will still probably be running UMTS until 2020....RFOL

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Just an update on this for anyone that is interested.

I am an apple fanboi, i'll admit it.

However, my dad has an ipad2, my mum has just got a samsung galaxy tablet v10.1 for christmas, the Galaxy is so much better!

Everything is just easier on it, anyone who says its not hasn't used 1 for any length of time. Widgets for everything, quick, camera takes better photos and the screen appears to be alot clearer to me side by side than an ipad screen. Its not buggy as hell like others have said at all and doesn't crash or act all slow. It is a bit slower (as in a second or two) at loading websites, but in every other way that matters to me it is much better and I can wait that extra second as i'm sure you all could. App store for android is ram packed full of apps for everything you could ever want there was nothing I wanted an app for that I couldn't get.

Once again, I am an apple fanboi having had all the iPhones and regularly use my dads iPad however i'd take the samsung tablet over an ipad every time now and i'd suggest you do the same.

I quite fancy an android phone tbh if they are anywhere near as impressive as the tablet, its only after sitting on that tablet the past few days that i've realised just how annoyingly restrictive iOS is in so many ways.

Congratulations :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ignoring all apps, the UI of the others is poor. They're buggy, they crash, they're slow etc.

It's just a waste of time.

Have you honestly used anything else properly or are you just the biggest fanboy with blinkers on to the rest of the world? I've got and cannot fault the BB Playbook and the QNX OS is possibly the best tablet OS out... i'd honestly say its better than Apples offering but thats because i'm used to it. Apps are lacking yes but the QNX platform is getting the Android market place Apps in Feb which will help satisfy the needs of people that can't have a device without Angry Birds. Another given, it doesn't currently have a native mail or calendar app but with that in mind most Playbook owners are RIM handset owners so bridge access to your handsets mail and calendar via the bridge makes it pretty much perfect IMO as there's no duplication of accounts or the need for the two device to reconsile accounts.

It really does depend on what you want and need from a tablet as the iPad is pretty damn good and clearly the best App store on the planet but for me, its all about screen realestate that i can move about with and expanding on the main reasons i choose RIM over Apple which is bomb proof mail and data.

Never once has QNX froze, been slow, etc for me. The OS is smooth, polished and very easy to use and the device, even with its smaller screen, is the perfect size for everyday browsing, document work (which it does out of the box by the way) and watching HD movies on (if thats your thing).

Mick

That post was made 6 months ago. Just to put it into perspective how many newer machines or OS versions have changed since it was made. Seriously people need to bear that in mind when picking fights over tablets.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
That post was made 6 months ago. Just to put it into perspective how many newer machines or OS versions have changed since it was made. Seriously people need to bear that in mind when picking fights over tablets.

I disagree.

Nothing important has changed in the tablet market in the last six months, even Android Honeycomb was running the same revision (3.2) and Motorola, Samsung, Apple and Asus all had their devices in the market (Sony were about to release).

The changes ahead are Intel are developing some processors, Tegra 3 is on its way and LTE is about to arrive on Android tablets.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'll be getting an Archos 101 G9 once they get the new 1.5ghz processor in early 2012. Should make it ICS upgrade safe and it will do all I need from a tablet. I'd love a Galaxy tab after playing with them a bit recently but I can't justify the cost against the use it will get. Similarly I'd love to wait for the HTC Jetstream to come to the UK, but I expect it to be delayed until ICS is ready for factory install.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Well the wife bought me an iPad 2 this year. Amazing bit of kit, even better now I've used it more.
At the same time, I got the wife a bb playbook. That is a very good tablet too , just not many apps for it yet.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Agreed, the lack of decent apps for the QNX platform as a whole is a serious problem for RIM but that should change from Feb'12 when we get an update that puts a new Android Marketplace icon on our desktops and the ability to run them (properly - some *claim* native mail, calendar and unique pin for BBM but i don't believe that). It's not a huge problem for me though as I use it for Excel, eMail and web browsing so the fact it can "do" flash is a huge plus to.

I'm not knocking the iPad or Apple products at all as i used to love my 3G but they are not everything to everybody and other people do prefer the way other platforms look/feel/operate.

Mick

LMFAO @inferior ^

...some other stuff...

Are you stupid?

Firstly, when I wrote that post, everything else was vastly inferior, and still is. Look up 'opinion' if you have an issue with that statement. Secondly, and more importantly, it was written in the context of someone refusing to buy Apple for 'personal' reasons. Nothing to do with the product.

53 Clio's & counting
I have a Galaxy tab, bought about 5 months old from a mate (was as new really) it cost me £220. As im a complete noobie with computers/tabs etc, for what I want it for, it's a great tab - I don't use it to it's full by any means, but it's plenty good enough for what I need, and it hasn't bugged or crashed on me yet :)

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Are you stupid?

Firstly, when I wrote that post, everything else was vastly inferior, and still is. Look up 'opinion' if you have an issue with that statement. Secondly, and more importantly, it was written in the context of someone refusing to buy Apple for 'personal' reasons. Nothing to do with the product.

Wrong. Android isn't inferior, look up the word 'opinion' if you disagree with that statement.

"I don't like Jobs and the way his company runs".

That statement is as personal to that individual for not buying Apple products as is yours for not buying Android. Look up the word 'personal' if you disagree with that statement.

In the context of that statement many people don't like Apple products because of the intellectual property rights war they started. They don't like Apple products because Steve Jobs publically refuses to interoperate with other technologies (such as Flash). This reduces the functionality of Apple products and people make a 'personal' judgement on whether to buy on the merit of how the company is marketing the product and functionality it offers.

Are you stupid? Or are you not able to accept my opinion without getting upset, crying and calling me names.

Remember it's a forum, you post something, then it's 'public' and other people may have an 'opinion'. You might want to look that one up ;)

BMW335M/Clio200/182
I have a Galaxy tab, bought about 5 months old from a mate (was as new really) it cost me £220. As im a complete noobie with computers/tabs etc, for what I want it for, it's a great tab - I don't use it to it's full by any means, but it's plenty good enough for what I need, and it hasn't bugged or crashed on me yet :)

Fair play :)