ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Wheels For Winter!

1.6 16v
I have a set of 17's, 16's & 15's and i dont know which to put on or keep on the car over the winter months.

I have the 17's on atm and i am sliding about on the greasy roads already somedays and i dont know if to change the wheels over winter to the 16's or 15's.

The 16's have falken 195/45/R16 rubber on them
The 15's have Bridgestone 195/55/R15 rubber on them

Does dropping down from 205 to 195 rubber on the floor help with grip over the winter months??

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks steve

Chocolate Bar™
what model of tyre are the falkens and the bridgestones? I'd put the 15's with 55 profile on purley for comfort lol

Chocolate Bar™
^ to be honest, will have the same rolling radious as the 16s on a 45 profile, as they have thinner tyres on a bigger alloy so wont make any difference to lowness really

1.6 16v
^ to be honest, will have the same rolling radious as the 16s on a 45 profile, as they have thinner tyres on a bigger alloy so wont make any difference to lowness really

I have 17's on at the mo remember lol and the spliter rubs the uni speed bump atm so with 15's on it will ripp the snow plough off lol :)

Chocolate Bar™
well u're either gonna put the 16s or the 15s are so was just saying it wouldnt make a difference which one u put on, if your thinking about scraping etc. they're both gonna scrape just as much as the other :rasp:

1.6 16v
well u're either gonna put the 16s or the 15s are so was just saying it wouldnt make a difference which one u put on, if your thinking about scraping etc. they're both gonna scrape just as much as the other :rasp:

Kool, cheers matey. I will be putting the 15's on because i had the 16's on this year already. Just want to wash car and take some photos before i do it lol. I might post some up after its been washed ;) The rear is white because of all the salt atm lol.

:)