ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which wireless router ?

I am useless with this sort of stuff.

I need to know which is the best above for my money, with all the sales on i don't want to spend more than £30.

Not sure about this 'G' or 'N' categories ?

Links to said products would be a great help, and if you need to know its going to be used with Virgin Media Broad Band.

Many thanks

Justin

Bump, looking to order this asap please as we move in on friday and the Virgin BB chap is also booked in for this day too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I got mine from Comet, and the spotty 17 year old peadophile in there recomended a Belkin model.

Works good, can use the laptop in the garage!! lol.

Thats all I can help you with.

(I did get your message earlier, will bell you tomo)

Does it look like this one ?

31YaxTHOlbL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Any links please chaps ?

As i have said i am useless with all this so any help would be appreciated.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
There is a Chinese company producing N rated routers called Tenda (G+ MIMO provide upto 125Mbps, whereas N provide up to 300Mbps subject to conditions). It cost about £35 so not too silly, N rated adapters are from £25 upwards.

I've just sold a G+ Mimo on here for £12, but the N ones have come down in price so you can get them for about £50-£60 for a Belkin one with a USB adaptor.

There is a Chinese company producing N rated routers called Tenda (G+ MIMO provide upto 125Mbps, whereas N provide up to 300Mbps subject to conditions). It cost about £35 so not too silly, N rated adapters are from £25 upwards.

I've just sold a G+ Mimo on here for £12, but the N ones have come down in price so you can get them for about £50-£60 for a Belkin one with a USB adaptor.

Can you link me up Donny ? £35 seems like a v good price for a 300mbps router.

SchwepTek™
Justin, you coulda just asked me.

Defo go for a netgear one.

I have had a fair few and netgear defo seem to be most reliable.

You only need to worry about a wireless N router if your peripherals have wireless N too. i.e. your laptop....which doesnt. lol.

Justin, you coulda just asked me.

Defo go for a netgear one.

I have had a fair few and netgear defo seem to be most reliable.

You only need to worry about a wireless N router if your peripherals have wireless N too. i.e. your laptop....which doesnt. lol.

Just trying to think about the future, i would rather have an overkill router for when i update my craptop etc.

Works...kind of...
I've had a Netgear for about 18 months and never had a problem.

A far cry from previous cheapy ones I've had.