ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whine under the bonnet... Help please.

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
Hi all,

Was cruising back this morning from last nights shenanigans at about 70 mph when I started to hear a whine. It's linked to engine speed. Got home and lifted bonnet - I think it's an ancillary, possibly the alternator. Has anyone else suffered this? Is it fine to drive? Got to go to work tomorrow... Any wisdom would great!

Cheers

damo

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
Just had news back from the garage - idler pulley bearing, just an fyi

On another note - asked them to do a pre MOT check as it's due next week and the following need doing:

1) Front pads and disks
2) NSF wishbone and bearing
3) NSF driveshaft
4) Rear box mounts
5) 2 Rear tyres

I think there were a couple of other small things - it was a long phone call! Time to get the credit card out.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Just had news back from the garage - idler pulley bearing, just an fyi

On another note - asked them to do a pre MOT check as it's due next week and the following need doing:

1) Front pads and disks do this yourself
2) NSF wishbone and bearing
3) NSF driveshaft
4) Rear box mounts do this yourself (there is only one btw)
5) 2 Rear tyres

I think there were a couple of other small things - it was a long phone call! Time to get the credit card out.

this will save some on labour....these jobs are easy.

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
this will save some on labour....these jobs are easy.

Cheers mate - was planning on doing a couple of the bits on my own, how I could afford to run my Williams! It's the original renault exhaust which I thought had a mount for each rear silencer? this news is going to put off me calling Fred for the new yozza...