ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whining noise when doing 100mph

clio sport 182 2005
I have a 2005 renault clio sport 182, and when doing 100mph the car makes a whining/whistling noise. Any ideas what it could be??
Also, when using the windscreen wash, only a small amount of water comes out and it seems to drip from the headlamp washer on the bumper...?

Could be a wheel bearing or... On the right hand wing mirror there's a hole for the temp sensor (for french cars), This whistles at high speed.

Disconnect your headlight washers and point them to the floor / block them up... They just make a mess down the side of the car.. And don't really clean the headlights that much at all.

R26
could even be something as simple as window wipers, my wipers used to whistle, did my head in

clio sport 182 2005
If it was the mirror how loud would it be?? because it is quite loud!! I've replaced the bearing and made no difference!!

like a loud whistle, pain in the ass tbh ! cant reach major speeds in my 1.2 but its definatly annoying.

Tape over the hole in the bottom of the mirror and see if there's any difference.

RS 182 CUP
If u got a updated air filter n an air feed to it it could be that, or see if anything is protruding from underside of car

182cup & 172 racecar
The noise will more than likely the windscreen rubber at the top corners,check them I bet they have come loose.

B/G 182 FF
Same this happens on mine and I thought it was the windscreen rubber but its actually coming from the centre heater vents. Still haven't figured out how to stop it yet but I ain't too fussed as I rarely go over 100, my front drive ain't quite long enough;)

You clearly don't know of the cure for 'ANNOYING-NOISES-FROM-RENAULT-CLIOS-AND-FRENCH-CARS-GENERALLY'

That being - increase the volume of the stereo until the noise can no longer be heard :)

Without wanting to sound defeatist on fixing the leaking headlamp washer, I really would disconnect them (pipework and electrics). They do naff all in terms of keeping the lights clean and use loads of washer fluid (either through leakage, or in winter when you're constantly washing all the salt etc off your windscreen and they're constantly wasting fluid on your lights).

clio 182
did you ever fix the problem? jusr bought one and as I do 100 mph a wisling sort of sound comes from the front??:S:mad:

Clio Sport 182
try just opening your window when you next hear it, and angling the wing mirror in just slightly and see if the noise goes away. Mine is so annoying i often drive with the wing mirrors pulled in!

172 cup
s76pilot right open your window while driving hold hand over the back of mirror near where it joins onto door careful though keep concentration and see if whistle stops, does it only do it wen driving or at stand still mine does this only when driving and i can make it stop doing this although dont bother me now

clio 182
just fidled with the little nipple at the bottom of the passenger wing mirror and tryed it again and it had stoped so hopefully that was it!