ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whirring Noise from passenger Rear

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Oh Dear yet another problem, now what the problem is last couple of days (sunday - now) a whirring noise has developed from the passenger rear wheel (me thinks) as it gets noiser the quicker i go and when i slow it goes quiter.

Only thing i can think it is, is the Wheel Bearing. i did what everyone does and text jord he reckons it is what about you guys, i know its difficult without actually hearing the noise for your self but does it "sound" like thats what the problem is?

Mike

sounds like it.....the camber you put on (and the height/lowness of it) wont be doing it many favors, so it will go through bearings quicker than it would normally

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ball bags! big nasty ones at that, Hmmmmm! How much are they, easy to do your self?

20 quid or so from factors, need a hydraulic press to be honest (garage)

jack up and undo the hub nut on the drum, then take the face of the drum to the garage....press old one out, press new one in, refit.....done!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
last time i tryed to undo the hub nut i couldnt and that was with a Massive torque wrench! Think i might just bite the bullet n pay a garage to do it all

Never above 25mpg
Cost me £110 for gen renault wheel bearing inc fitting from a local garage. He's a bit expensive but does a good job!

But err obviously you won't have to pay that much :p

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Cars still making this noise jord (foxy) has been in the car with me and can confirm that this noise its excessively loud, its not the bearings 100% as theres no play in the wheels at all.

Thought it might of been something to do with maybe the spacers on the rear but removing them has possibly made it a tad louder :S. Jordan thinks it could be the springs in the Brake Drum that hold the brake shoes, as they could be worn and have possibly slackened off and allowed the shoes the rub on the drum.

Would i be best just biting the bullet and chucking it at a garage or does anybody have even the foggest of what it could be.

S4 Avant
Have you replaced the bearings? Surely that would be the best way of finding out wether or not the old ones were making a noise?

I'm fairly convinced that one of my rear bearings has seen better days, I get a brilliant whine from the back, even when the girlfriend isn't in the car.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nah jord 100% its not them n i havent got the money to just go replacing things that might not need replacing if you get my drift

Pug 205 gti
iv just done 2 rear bearings, no biggie. i bought them off the internet for 11.29 each, everywhere else i tried was between 30 an 40 quid