ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whistle above 5.5k

Black Ph2 172
Hi all,

Since changing my k tec stealth back to standard I've noticed a whistling noise when caning it above 5.5k. My other ph2 did it as well.

Is it something I need to get sorted or just a characteristic of the exhaust??

Thanks,

Andy

Black Ph2 172
With the Ktec i didn't hear ne whistle thow which is strange but with the STD system bk on it's there :-$

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Let the engine tick over and get down so you can look at the join where the cat is and rev it. Probs coming from there. My 182 does it but I'm sure they all do.

Renaultsport Clio 172
You probably have a leak, check the CAT links. Though this is more common to the 182 but it is said it can cost power

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Mine does this. Its caused when exhaust gas leaks out at high engine speed. Think mines coming from a crack rather than a leak :-/

BMW F21 125d
I used to have this. It was the cat to manifold gasket.

This. About £40 part for the fixing kit. Birchdown sorted mine. It still whistles very slightly on full chat, Andy suggested it was standard, its certainly not blowing anymore as its clean at the joint.

Black Ph2 172
Thanks guys I'm goin to get it looked at tue can somebody post a link to the part I need?? It does feel down on power ATM so thAt would explain things !!

Megane 265 Cup
Yeah, mine does a little whistle too, I though it was normal of the standard exhaust to be honest...

Black Ph2 172
Turns out the STD cat back I had has got some holes in it. Looking to get it welded up - has anybody got any experience of welding exhausts i.e. is it worth it???

DMS

A thirsty 172
Better to get a new stainless one IMO. If it's started rusting, welding it up won't help all that much. It'll just rust somewhere else and you'll be back to square one.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Difficult to patch up with a welder as exhaust wall skin is very thin.

As above, its better to just replace with a stainless item.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Cheapest place would be a second hand one.

A new one will cost almost the same as a stainless sports item.