ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

white powder coat oz f1

ive just spoke to my local refub place proclean and the said id be better off if the were painted white and it will only cost £30 ish depends up on the kurbing. powder coat is £40 and i could get them polished for £50.

they can paint them any color i want so wot do ya think?

gold is a funny colour youve got to get the right shade if not they look cheep willies gold is the right shade. but im torn between grey and white

BMW 320d Sport

White always looks good on a red car. But dont even think about painting them - that is the biggest bodge in the world. Wheels should NEVER be painted, always powder coated.

the guy said at the refurb place that painting them will last longer and look mor pro and they only really powder coat when the are in a real mess.

whats best any one had there wheels powder coated ?

BMW 320d Sport

Unless theyve got some kind of wicked paint that never wears off and will take knocks and chips without a mark on it, then paint is no good at all for car wheels. If theyre recommending you dont powder coat, then either theyre not very good at powdercoating (powder coat is where you heat up the wheel and blast it with the coloured powder which then melts onto the wheel and coats it entirely, baking on) or they have some kind of indestructible paint that no-one else knows about.

Id bet on the former. A good powder coat can take a smack with a hammer no problem at all. An aftermarket paint job will peel off with a screwdriver...in some cases even your fingernail...

Find a powder coat firm in your yellow pages, theyre usually found on industrial estates and are used for any piece of machinery that needs to be tough and durable and not lose its finish.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Following on from Nicks comments, an alloy wheel refurbishers will do the job nicely.