ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

white smoke problem

clio 182
hi everytime my car hits about 5k rpm in second i get alot of smoke come from the exhaust and continues into 3rd gear. never does it when driving slow its only when i put my foot down in 2nd. been doing it for a while now and now my emissions light has come on. any ideas???

Golf GTD Mk7
is this in cold conditions? have you checked the fluid levels?could be headgasket issue maybe. check coolant levels.

clio 182
no its usually warmed up and can be at any point in the day. oil levels etc are fine. would doing a oil change make any difference or is it likely to be something more?

clio 172
there's only 3 kinds of smoke that your car can have: black, blue, or white. White smoke is water vapour, and the most common cause as stated above is a blown headgasket. Park your car and have someone rev it up while you look at the exhaust fumes.

Clio 200
Good to see another staffs user! How often do you go over 5k rpm? Sometimes the smoke seen can be mistaken for water vapour from water lying in the exhaust that hasnt evaporated. Mine does it sometimes!

Clio 200
Sounds like water lying in the exhaust which is being burnt off when 'putting yr foot down' but no harm getting it checked if its bugging you.

clio 182
just annoying to look in my mirror to see white smoke blowing everywhere. my mate dont like being behind me either when it happens lol. wouldnt be over fuelling or anything like that would it? or be anything to do with cat?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Did a half hour journey in my old 182 when I first bought it, then booted it and got a cloud. Was water from them washing it.

clio 182
havent cleaned the car in bout 2 weeks and car was bone dry. been doing it when the weather was better earlier in the last couple months. getting quite poor mpg so didnt know if it was related to this

Better than yours. C*nt.
Might be fuel then?! If it's running that rich I suppose it could do, but I really don't think it could be.

clio 182 black /gold
Mine had plumes of white smoke and when it cleared the rear window was wet. My exhaust was full of water. Most of the time i drive it slow like a granny and time to time i open it up on the motorway.