ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White smoke

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Getting white smoke from zorst and start up untill warmed up a bit. Have i anything to be concerned about as ssems to bit a bit excesive to me?:cry:

Trophy

If it just does it when you are warming up and then stops, should just be condensation and nothing to worry about.

If it does it when up to temp, check for oil in water/ water in oil.

Mat.

Yeah its just condensation thats beign burnt off in the exhaust system, it clears faster if you dont have a cat on, but donest seem to be any less.

youll notice it more on cold mornings if its still doing it in the summer then you need to drive it harder, i always see women and old people with water literally pouring out of the tailpipe cuz its filling up and never getting up to temp to evaporate off

yeah i been having the same prob, after worrying about it (head gasket going) i have just been for a 20 min spin, on returning no smoke was present.

I was worried because when i start my car up, its like someone had discharged a white smoke grenade underneath!, just think its a combo of bb zorst and cat...removing the cat sat.

out

found out the prob...i stuck some cheap fuel in..ever since the discharge from the exhaust has been excessive on start up...optimax from now on.

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Yeah sounds bout right. Only been doing short runs recently. Plenty of smoke at 1st then dies down. Getting de-catted shortley and will be doing a long run next week to clear the cobwebs out. Thanx peeps