ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who are you all insured with?

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
I need to renew the insurance on the GF's 197 Cup.
Last year we used Bell Direct, as at the time - they were most competative.

Just had the renewal letter through with another years NCB @ £200 dearer.
After looking about it is apparant that they are expensive, but not a million miles away from their peers.

24yrs Old
3yrs NCB
2008/08 Cup (standard)
6k miles PA
Good postcode
SP30

I know insurance is driven on an individuals particulars, but can anyone with recent experience recommend a competative insurance company?

TIA.

Highway insurance through Greenlight.

If you become a member, we get geat savings with Chris Knott insurance :)

Yeah its worth the £10 membership to potentially save a couple of hundred quid!

Give greenlight a call too, always been good with me

Clio 182FF
Try Virgin car insurance (UK). I am with them and they were by far the cheapest - even more so than any on the price comparison websites. Also, they DO NOT charge any further fee's if you pay monthly rather than yearly which can make a great saving. Even though my Clio is only a 1.2L insurance is under £300 per year :)

tiTTy & SV650
never bothered moving from Elephant - always match and better the best price I can find and have the lowest excess.

Black 197
Admiral for me

£386 Fully comp on my 182 (27 yrs / 9 yrs NCB )

They were the cheapest for me, was with elephant but they were way too expensive considering elephant is owned by Admiral ???

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
eCar insurance

1.2 16v - 3rd Party, F&T. 0 NCB, 22yo £950

Most others I looked at were over £1200!

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Virgin weighs in at £950/yr. I just cant believe the variation in premium this year to last year. unbelievable.
I wouldnt use highway/Greenlight either - bad experience with them in previous years.

ECAR - £1209....pmsl. waiting for a callback from Chris Knott.

Last edited:
  Clio MK3 Work in progress
Admiral are pretty good, they dont come up on price comprassion sites either. I'm paying £450 fully comp for two people, on a clio 182. Both 26yrs old, from Surrey, with a total loss declared, two years no claims each, (would have been four, but lost two due to the total loss in november). Can drive all other cars on this policy, and excess was about £250. Give them a try.

mps aero
its all about where you live and its irelavent if you think your area is nice or nt i live in what is percieved 2 be the nicest part of my town and its no where near the lowest for insurance. my insurance is £500 comp for a 22yr old on a 172 but if i lived 1 mile up the road it would be £350

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Im 22, driving for 3 years and have 1 year ncb. £700 fully comp inc breakdown cover.

Thats with egg insurance and my car is a 02 plate 172

Golf GTD Mk7
Admiral are pretty good, they dont come up on price comprassion sites either. I'm paying £450 fully comp for two people, on a clio 182. Both 26yrs old, from Surrey, with a total loss declared, two years no claims each, (would have been four, but lost two due to the total loss in november). Can drive all other cars on this policy, and excess was about £250. Give them a try.

Have a look at the post codes on this. Useful doc to read. Was gutted to find out my area was classed as a 'D' area. No wonder i pay stupid premiums. :(

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87920

LY 182
just under 1300 for me with flux with breakdown/legal cover... at 19 on my 2.0 engine converted car with all its mods declared

was well impressed

I've just changed to Greenlight from HIC and found them to be cheap and offer trackday cover for £50 per event (apart from Castle Combe) and they just double your excess.

:)

White clique
Esure, about £460 i think for a 197 57 plate, 9 yrs no claims and all the add on bits like legal cover and courtesy car

Never above 25mpg
£1100 for the year just gone with my 1.4 on Quinn Direct

They wanted to charge me £975 for a renewal fee LOL

Phoned up Flux and they got me insurance on my 172 with Ensign for £955 but just over £1000 with installments...

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Quick update...The quotes were ridiculous imo circa £1000. Seeing as it only cost £670 FC for the last year, I cant see the logic in a £300 increase?
Im taking the opportunity to buy a new car - A3 3dr S-Line. Looking to secure one on Tuesday. The 197 will be up for sale shortly...

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Tesco wanted £400 for my 182 FF 2005 10years ncd, but i am old,lol...
so with Direct Line this year, but have heard and keep reading "Greenlight" so will be checking them out for renewal time

nealy forgot esure latest quote £351.00 online

Last edited: