ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£275 drop in insurance this year.....

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Can't believe the drop in insurance ive had this year. Ive always shopped around to find the best possible price so dont think i was paying over the odds last year either.

My insurance on the 182 last year was £800 inc the GF as a named driver.

My renewal came through from direct line at £653. I phoned them up to tell them not to renew as id had a price from Privalage of £509 (That price is actually what they quoted me, not one ive made up).

Direct line came back, said they cant match it but cant cover me for £525 inc the GF. So theyve managed to drop by the best part of £130 from my renewal price.

Barmy! Oh well im happy.

To help set a bit of a bench mark of what i paid - Im 23, been driving 5 years, 3yrs ncb, no points, no crashes and live in a group b postcode. Girlfriend is 22, no points, no crashes.

That's a good price.

I got a quote of just under £500. Same age, 1 non fault accident but I have 5 years NCB.

Getting old FTW!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^Yeah with 5 yrs ncb (i was just playing out of curiosity) i got a price of around £400. Unfortunately i didnt own my own car for first two years of driving as i was at college so i was a named driver on her car which is costing me now.

Iceburg 172FF
Im paying close to 900 just got a quote now ive turned 25 and will have 4 years ncb for 540 in a Manchester post code, result i say :D