ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who else finds liquid yellow Clio rs edc get unwanted attention!!

Clio Rs 200 edc
Since owning my Clio I’ve had some many compliments about her.. even more comments then my old golf R32 :)

I was confronted by 5 pikeys on the way home wanting to know the ins and outs off a cats bum about my car so I’m wanting to protect her the best I can..

Anyways my point is I want to keep her safe! I know noting about trackers and what not..
so any advice will be real appreciated!

I’m thinking of a kill switch and a tracker?

Thanks for reading this post[emoji1689]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
If they want it that badly just let them take it!

But yes diskloks are great - I gave them in all if my cars.

Tracker is the only real way to get your car back once it's stolen, but that assumes they don't use a GPS and/or mobile phone signal blocker, as I understand it.

Ultimately people will take something if they want it enough. Disklok is a good deterrent (and my preferred choice) but it's not unbreakable, and it doesn't stop a flatbed picking it up.

Also have to consider whether you want some 14 year old kid with nothing to lose in your bedroom with a hammer screaming GIVE ME THE f**king KEYS at 3am or whether you'd rather leave them downstairs by the front door so you can collect your insurance money and not have that experience.

Personally I wish someone would hurry up and make an in-car fog system, like shops use, which one could 'accidently' fill with CS gas...

The RS look like the base spec model anyway, so just tell them it's a 1.2 special edition ;)

Tracker is false economy IMO. I certainly wouldn't want a stolen car back, god knows what they've done in it/driven it like. Give me an insurance payout anyday.

I personally leave keys by the door, not in reach of the letterbox but if someone was to break in they wouldn't have to look hard for the keys, again I'd rather they take it and leave than come upstairs while me and the mrs are asleep. It's all insured. If they want it, they'll have it.

Realistically though a MK4 200T has no value on the stolen car market when compared to the likes of an RS3/M4/Golf R which are the ones going missing due to high resale value in foreign countries/price of parts. I'm yet to see a Mk4 go missing tbf I don't think they're big game for thieves but a random smackhead might take it if they break in.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Physical deterrents are the best but layered, the more that you have for them to deal with they will soon give up ...A thief likes things easy thats why they steal!!! make it as hard as possible for the thieving C*NTS.I don't subscribe to that school of thinking of "if they want just let them take it" Lol....I work to hard for my toys.SJ.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tracker is false economy IMO. I certainly wouldn't want a stolen car back, god knows what they've done in it/driven it like. Give me an insurance payout anyday.

I personally leave keys by the door, not in reach of the letterbox but if someone was to break in they wouldn't have to look hard for the keys, again I'd rather they take it and leave than come upstairs while me and the mrs are asleep. It's all insured. If they want it, they'll have it.

Realistically though a MK4 200T has no value on the stolen car market when compared to the likes of an RS3/M4/Golf R which are the ones going missing due to high resale value in foreign countries/price of parts. I'm yet to see a Mk4 go missing tbf I don't think they're big game for thieves but a random smackhead might take it if they break in.

Very true this no value in them or the parts really.
Only opertunists really disklok will be all you need ?
Trackers waste of time would never want it back hope they just crash it and die if they take it.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

This.
They aren’t that desirable from a theft point of view so just be sensibile don’t leave it unlocked etc.