ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has chipped their MK2 172

S2000

I think its widely accepted that the SuperChips chip is, well, crap!;)

Im sure some on here got a superchip, superchips supposedly rrd his car at the stated 184 bhp, however at an independant rr day he made the lowest of all the clios!

I thought my ears were burning :D ;)

Ok, the gains were not only from superchipping the 172, it came from the freeer flowing k-tec exhaust, Pipercross Viper cold air induction kit and then having the ECU mapping setup to compliment these mods specifically by doing quite a few runs on the Power Engineering rolling road, tweeking the map each time.

My RR results are available if you do a bit of searching around here somewhere, and theyre some sort of proof of the power output at that point in time.

In my mind it was well worth it, a definite improvment in pickup, and the max bhp actually came a bit lower down the rev range to <A target=_blank href= "mailto:184@6091rpm">184bhp@6091rpm, with a nice torque pickup too.

Ahem!, teady, hope youre not meaning me are you? ;)

Obviously Superchips can only do so much, but if you just go for their standard uprated map, you cant expect to make as much as a map modifed to fit the cars running ability, thats what London Superchips managed to do with both mine and Chris172s.

S2000

Your case only compounds what I thought. Theres no way the chip alone can give you 184BHP. Youve obviously had a lot of time spent on your car to get it set up to work with the rest of your mods.

Teady - 12 bhp+ on an N/A car with just a chip would mean that the standard map was being Soooooooo protective it would be untrue, yup youre right, I spent a fair bit of time talking about it all to make sure I was gonna get good results, and Ive been pleased by it (saying that it could all change if my result at the midlands RR is crap :confused: - but it shouldnt be), and am planning the future of it now - and this is where it starts to get more interesting :devilish:, gas, heads lightweight this, ditch that etc etc etc MuhHaHa

:p