ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has the lightest Clio

I can only hazard a guess as it wasnt a before and after test, i just did it after going to the dump (an actual dump i.e rubbish!) when i put my Cup wheels on.

My standard car weight is 910kg, plus me 70kg so thats 980. 50kg lost! About right the rear seats broke my back.

-Rob

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well...i took my rears out and shelf for the pod and its feeling quite a bit quicker. but the seats do weight a fair bit!

Mines 980kg on a PROPER bridge as i type, watch out for dodgy weighbridges that arent calibrated peoperly. Most will only go in 20kg increments anyway so its not that accurate if your being picky.

thats with everything in mine so i guess wip the seats out etc it would be low 900s, thats without me in it mind.. cant weigh it and look at my computer at the same time!?!

BMW 320d Sport

LOL I do! Or at least Im going to now. So whats gonna be the accepted Cliosport way of calculating weight. I know of at least two different kinds of kerb weight. Are we talking about the car in driving condition with a full tank of petrol? Or empty? With or without driver?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I was gonna weigh mine by putting it in the Tyne and trying to calculate the displacement. Waddya reckon? Probably the best place for mine.

Chris.

My cars on a calorie controlled diet right now, so Ill get back to you as soon as the b**ch has shed some pounds...:D

Just get the corner weights out-very accurate-only, very expensive for a good set...

Should really do it without driver as some are gonna be advantaged/disadvantaged for obvious reasons!!!

Doesnt really matter about fuel levels, as long as you all agree on empty, half or full etc...

I thought kerb weight was with a 75 kilo driver plus full tank of fuel?

With a fivers worth of juice mine in 900 ish kgs

Heres a list of weights (for a Williams) accurately weighed on a calibrated Balance

Spare tire - 18.6 kg

Parcel shelf - 4.8 kg

Rear seats 3.4 + 2.4 + 9.2 kg

Carpets 4.8 kg

Jack - 2.4 kg

Tools - 847 grams

Rear wiper - 377 grams

Rear wiper motor - 3.4 kg

Rear seat belts - 1.9 kg

Fog lights - 0.9kg

And if my calculations are right you save another 7.5 kg by changing the standard exhaust for a magnex with a decat.

If you could get a fibreglass bonnet youd be approaching elise territory in terms of lightness.

Kerb weight - 990 kg (standard williams)

Power - 150 BHP

= 6.6 kilos per BHP

Now its probably not linear but shed 6.6 kilos and youve got the equivalent of adding 1 BHP?