ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who owned a Impreza STI recently ???

audi a6 3.0tdi
the vectra comment is about my car lol which is causing so much debate in the spotted thread on here.

As for the wrx it is really slow. I took an sti out with rexe and found the sti to be fast but too laggy for me and you have to do silly speeds for it to start being fun. It wasn't coming on boost till about 4.5k and below that it was just slow. It would be so easy to get caught of boost in one unless you constantly drive round in a low gear then i dread to think what the fuel consuption would be like. Cars like the impreza and evo bore me as they have too much grip and to have any fun you are well into licence losing territory.

Its not always about how fast your car is its how much fun you are having in it which is probably why people love mx5's so much.

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
my impreza the boost came in about 2k rpm so that one must have a boost problem.
the comment on scoobynet was about a vectra diesel with 4/5 people in it and was pulling away from the car easily! dont think so

182 FF
uk turbo - standard is about 220bhp
wrx - standard is about 250bhp
some imports are about 270bhp
when i had my classic uk turbo i had a race with someone on here with a very fast 172ph2 and we were neck and neck but that was with me running only 0.5bar instead of 0.9bar.
got it fixed and did it again and i trampled him. lol
Standard newage WRXs are only 217 -225 depending on model and is why they are no faster than clio s and other similar hot hatches,the ppp packed WRXs are about the 250 bhp ;)
My JDM Bug was 250 as standard and with mild mods about 300 and as i said definately faster than the Clio s!

audi a6 3.0tdi
my impreza the boost came in about 2k rpm so that one must have a boost problem.
the comment on scoobynet was about a vectra diesel with 4/5 people in it and was pulling away from the car easily! dont think so

it pulled away easily coz the guy in the 197 couldn't drive for s**t. the sti probably wasn't mapped right as it had previously had a decat on but had the cat put back on when up for sale.

200 Cup & DC2
Man, Impreza owners are not liked on here!

I own a STi PPP, I'm neither a chav nor having a mid life crisis. I wanted a practical car that can deal with the daily commute, weekly trip to Tescos and the occassional trackday. It's done it's fair share of trackdays and I'm a Jahreskarte holder at the Ring doing a couple of hundred laps a year and it's been both reliable and practical.

200 Cup & DC2
I took an sti out with rexe and found the sti to be fast but too laggy for me and you have to do silly speeds for it to start being fun. It wasn't coming on boost till about 4.5k and below that it was just slow. It would be so easy to get caught of boost in one unless you constantly drive round in a low gear then i dread to think what the fuel consuption would be like. Cars like the impreza and evo bore me as they have too much grip and to have any fun you are well into licence losing territory.

Its not always about how fast your car is its how much fun you are having in it which is probably why people love mx5's so much.

Having both an Impreza and 1/2 share of an MX5 track car I can agree with you. I've had my mapping changed but still have to wait until 3500rpm before it gets going. Try a Spec C with a twin scroll turbo, instant spool from 1500rpm ;)

172 Cup
My cup keeps up with my mates hawkeye GB270. He didn't like it one bit lol. Got away from me on the bumps because mines about 2mm off the floor. In the bends i was having to dab the brakes to avoid hitting him up the arse!!

PS 200
My cup keeps up with my mates hawkeye GB270. He didn't like it one bit lol. Got away from me on the bumps because mines about 2mm off the floor. In the bends i was having to dab the brakes to avoid hitting him up the arse!!
Imprezas are overweight - I used to think they were good in the twisties - but the 200 is worlds apart from a lardy arsed rice rocket ;)

Z4

I duno..I struggle to believe that!

I drove my dads 270 and it felt very fast, much faster than my cup.

Fair play if you have some extensive mods though..?

200 Cup & DC2
Rather pointless comparing two different cars with two different drivers. Last month I overtook two Imprezas, a mk2 Focus RS and an Evo 8 in one lap of the Nordschleife in an eighteen year old mk1 Mazda MX5 with 115bhp. I'm not deluded enough to believe the MX5 is the faster car out of those.