ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who owned a Impreza STI recently ???

ZX6R B1H
In a clio 197, Found a post on scoobynet which made me giggle.

Wondered if it was anybody from off here?

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Oh dear, they dont like it do they, lol ! Imprezza's are quick and handle well but I would say 99% of them are owned by chavs who can not drive them. Put a standard 172/182/197/200 against a standard WRX, STI or whatever else around say Anglesey circuit and I would bet that there is only a second or so between the lap times ?

standard wrx against any standard rs clio...nowt in it I would say. STI would hand you your arse pretty quick I would imagine!

ZX6R B1H
nope, ive got a wrx and think its s**te my 172 would of eaten it all over the place. They are far too lardy, weigh too much and are underpowered. They need over 350 to be handy these days i think. It would need to be a JDM sti tbh, with twinscroll turbo etc blah blah or an s202 :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a bug eye UK300 and it was quite possibly the most disappointing ownership in my entire car career.

It was pants.

I test drove a WRX when I was thinking of changing the 182...never have I been as disappointed with a car. Was expecting so much more from WRX...i really wanted to like it...but not to mince words, it was sh*te! Near enough £20k the dealership were looking for it as well!

S&K

182 cup + Elise
There is a lot of sense in this I pulled off there, They think that all Imprezza's are the fastest things in the world lol ! Now I'm not being funny or anything but I have an '05 182 cup and yes it is quite quick, I know I could worry a lot of scooby drivers with it. I know this because power to weight ratios are not miles apart and the driver is the biggest factor in any of this.

"lol, my 172 used to wipe the floor with wrx's as did my xsara vts even scared a couple of evos with the xsara. When i bought mine i was expecting a lot more from the car. I've only had it a few months and tbh i really hate the thing. Its far too lardy, well under powered and needs what i see a good 3-4k throwing at it to make it what i would consider half decent. So that renders the car totally pointless to me. "

ITB BG 182
Whos GTW then?

lol at this thread, we owned a 197 last night in a vectra 1.9CDTI and with 4 lads in the car. All four of us are on cliosport and three of them still had clios and i sold mine for a wrx. we owned his arse big time.

This is the same lad who bullied a blobeye sti in his stripped clio 172... and yes the sti was trying lol

I like it how people get mardy about their car having more bhp and getting beaten by some thing with less, do people not think that power to weight ratio comes in to it?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
General r****d talk I expect from scooby owners. I don't care what they say a 182 owns all uk turbos and ain't that far behind the sti's. a 197 would leave 1 round the twisties in the right hands.

Z4
I played with a few wrx's in my cup and left left once moving fairly easily, the same in my tt.

I have also driven my dads sti 2.5 turbo and I have to say a clio wouldn't stand a chance in a race lol, they feel great to drive, very responsive, fast, and handle very well.

Clio 1970000000
When I used to go to driving meets in my CTR, there was a lad who had a new Evo 8 FQ330. It should have wiped the floor with us CTRs but always came in last as the driver would sh1T himself every time we went out. Just goes to show the driver makes a huge difference.

The scooby also has a lot of 4 wheel drive gear to carry.

SQ5
Had a battle with a scooby around Snetterton. The c**t tried to outbrake me after I'd gone past him into a corner nearly hitting me in the side. After this I was gaining a second or two a lap on him easily.

Slow overrated cars!

PS 200
That site gives me a sore head, adverts everywhere, looks sh*t!
They sold their soul to Internet Brands and it's been $hite ever since.

the 200 is miles more fun than the STi or WRX.

Scoobies are too heavy nowadays.

My Brother has a 400+ bhp one...fookin sexy in the nice blue with gold alloys.

I do laugh at it being a sexually transmitted infection though..lol

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
If you drove a scooby properly, yes you would get 5.6 second 0-60 times, but you will also do a clutch once a week.

^^^^ man speaks the true

The 2 guys that have mod'd Evo's in my owners club admit it. Dumping the cluch in 4x4 cars with lots of BPH = BOOM £££££ for new cluch please

2 girls, 172 cup
I have no time at all for scoobs at all. They look and sound sh!t and are driven by mid-life crisis victims or utter Chav knobs.

Sorry for the hate. Can someone change the title into "why scoobs are pants"

clio 200 F4Rt
my gran and her zimmer frame could beat a WRX. what are they, about 220bhp, and like 1350kgs. so no suprise a 192/197 can keep up/beat it. doesnt take much to work out the power to weight etc.

As for a clio against an STi, as i have owned both a 182, a track focused 172, a spec-c impreza and currently a JDM Sti, when rolling, standard car against standard car, there probably isnt that much in it.

from a standing start, the STi should always win. traction, torque etc. But as mentioned, you launch it for a sub 5 second run to 60 will eat clutches!

I havent read the scoobynet thread, but hey, at least he had the balls to post up about it.

and finally.... i wouldnt give up my scoob for any clio, no matter what is 'faster'!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
my gran and her zimmer frame could beat a WRX. what are they, about 220bhp, and like 1350kgs. so no suprise a 192/197 can keep up/beat it. doesnt take much to work out the power to weight etc.

As for a clio against an STi, as i have owned both a 182, a track focused 172, a spec-c impreza and currently a JDM Sti, when rolling, standard car against standard car, there probably isnt that much in it.

from a standing start, the STi should always win. traction, torque etc. But as mentioned, you launch it for a sub 5 second run to 60 will eat clutches!

I havent read the scoobynet thread, but hey, at least he had the balls to post up about it.

and finally.... i wouldnt give up my scoob for any clio, no matter what is 'faster'!

Hardly suprising... Its f**king awesome!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol at the vectra comment, i remember nailing the 172 down a motorway sliproad one day giving it 7200rpm changes every gear and even at the top end of 5th still having a f**kin zafira cdti right up my arse!!! it was piling out black smoke everywhere must have had a mental map on it

MCS R56
I have no time at all for scoobs at all. They look and sound sh!t and are driven by mid-life crisis victims or utter Chav knobs.

Sorry for the hate. Can someone change the title into "why scoobs are pants"

Not sure they all sound s**t! And there are plenty of chavs in Clios these days as they are dirt cheap to buy.

Did you just say an STi wouldn't be able to pull much on a Clio, once moving?

182 FF
I recently swopped my JDM WRX Bug running about 300 bhp,and it was quite alot faster than my current 182 or previous Civic Type R in any situation!
As for the comment about Impreza s sounding pap,i ve always loved the flat 4 burble and mine sounded :evil: with a full exhaust system.The clio s as much fun though and far cheaper to run and don t regret swopping!
From past experience with the Civic there is little between a standard wrx of about 220 bhp and Type Rs/RS clio s but the sti s will pull away especially with the Prodrive packs etc.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
uk turbo - standard is about 220bhp
wrx - standard is about 250bhp
some imports are about 270bhp
when i had my classic uk turbo i had a race with someone on here with a very fast 172ph2 and we were neck and neck but that was with me running only 0.5bar instead of 0.9bar.
got it fixed and did it again and i trampled him. lol

iv just sold my jap import wrx that had a sti ecu and i much prefer my ph1 172..i wouldnt say the clio is as fast but its much more drivable and alot more fun round the b-roads.
matt

320d
lol at the vectra comment, i remember nailing the 172 down a motorway sliproad one day giving it 7200rpm changes every gear and even at the top end of 5th still having a f**kin zafira cdti right up my arse!!! it was piling out black smoke everywhere must have had a mental map on it

I'd be gutted. However on that cdti 150 engine even a standard map will give 200bhp and 300+ Lbft.

i did 2 sti's at donny in april, they were terrible in the medium speed corners.

regardless, the modded ones are pure automative p**n, just rare to see them over here