ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who said rattle cans wer sh!te

Clio1.2, C2 VTR, 1.9 MJet
Bin hard at work this week in me garage lol.

Basically i stripped the car completely inside a few months ago as it was broke into, and audio was stolen etc, so i ripped everything out so no1 wud break in agen.

ive been meaning to do this for aaaages, 1st idea was to leather the whole interior so i went and bought loads of leather, stupid boy this idea didnt work, all the curves etc it was impossible for me.

so in the end i went with paint and leather inserts, pics follow of primed panel finished look and the white speaker cover

whole interior will be like this, with sum uprites and other bits in the leather, and hopefully rooflining will be leather too, let me know wat u think, not too bad for rattle cans

CIMG0177.jpg

CIMG0180.jpg

CIMG0182.jpg

DCi 100
What colour were they to start off as? :S

Going to flake pretty soon with alittle bit of wear unless you sanded and primered it very well dude.

Best of luck with the rest of the interior.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
They are shite. The finish may be ok, but will always be better done professionally. Of course then you have to weight up cost vs desired finish.

imo, if you're going to do a job, do it properly. That rationale stands for everything in life.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
They are s**te. The finish may be ok, but will always be better done professionally. Of course then you have to weight up cost vs desired finish.

imo, if you're going to do a job, do it properly. That rationale stands for everything in life.

There's also the viewpoint of giving it a try and learning from your mistakes.

D.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There's also the viewpoint of giving it a try and learning from your mistakes.

D.

Agree'd. Although some people will never learn.

I do bits and bobs to mine, like detailing, i know there are 1001 people who could do a better job @ cost, however i do a sufficient job...thats my arguement basically.

no its rubbed down primered rubbed primered rubbed etc rubbed painted rubbed painted rubbed etc etc matt paint with lacquer also to protect

as said sum ppl dont have millions to pay for professional work

hasnt flaked and it wont ive dun interior b4 and thts bin in car a year n a half and hasnt flaked stratched anything, and its always knocked rubbed against etc, im happy with it its my car, id love to pay sum1 to do the work for me but as said wer not all millionaires like urselfs lol

and its almost finished just needs speaker case putting back on and then going bk into car obvs, so yes its finished :S

mrt4x4 what I was asking was which of those photographs are meant to be of finished items, they are all different colours and the quality of finish looks patchy/rough on all of them.

its matt, just be the light on bits n shadows mate

front door cards the same just prize them out agen with plyers a lil hammaaay (hammer), dandruff lol wont

so you completly stripped your interior so nobody would break into it again :S
cant see it looking good mate, i think the paint would start to peal in a few weeks

like i said already done interior things before and engine bay on none of tht has flaked in a year n a half

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Pics of it in the car? And leather rooflining would look gash imo. Pimp stylee

its matt, just be the light on bits n shadows mate

front door cards the same just prize them out agen with plyers a lil hammaaay (hammer), dandruff lol wont

So... I'll ask again, which of the three photos are finished items? They are ALL different colours.

pics follow of primed panel finished look and the white speaker cover

1. primed panel 2. finished look 3. white speaker cover, jeez use ur head