ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whole car vibrating?

172 ph1
obviously with the snow yesterday i went out and did abit of clio drifting lol but....after driving on clear ground i noticed above 40 the car started to really vibrate more so when i took my foot off the accelerator...it just got worse the faster i went? at about 70-80 it felt like it was going to fall to bits!

this drive shafts or something?

172 ph1
thats what my old man said but could it be this bad? ive felt it been bad before but never this bad?

plus could it knock the balance out from giving it a good seeing to in the snow?

172 ph1
it seemed to be bad then after id done about 25 mile i took it up the bypass and it seemed to stop....but theres obviously a problem! il check the nuts today and altough im no mechanic i do normally know where the noises come from and it felt like maybe n/s/f?

sounds like the sort of problem i had, felt like something on the near side wheel was going to fall off whenever i took my foot off the accelerator and it didnt do it when i was braking, it turned out to be the off side wheel was loose, so worthc checking mate as i was about to take mine to a garage

White clique
Sounds mechanical if it gets worse when you come off the gas. Doubt its a set of wheel bearings as this usually just makes a whining noise, could it be a warped brake disco / sticking caliper combo?

Failing that, dephaser pulley.

ITB'd MK1
ABS should be fine after some 'normal' miles... free running wheels instead locking up (sliding).

yeah it "should". I know it's a slighty leftfield suggestion but if there's nothing loose or broken, then it'd be worth seeing if there's a fault logged and maybe a battery disconnect/reconnect

Clio 172 (2)Clio 16v
Were you givin it death with the revs when you were driftin iti say you could done harm to one the drives if the whole car shakin could be the inner end of the drive that cause the whole car to shake???

172 ph1
danny your good mate the light came on but then when i turned the car off n back o it went off! could that be the problem? as for snow the wheels were full of it

Clio 172 (2)Clio 16v
Ah ye but ye never know man could be abs like the lads sayin just happened my car not fromsnow think was just old age the inner end went the whole car used shake!

172 ph1
the car stood from saturday till friday and i went to get the wheels balanced! job done...cheers 4 the help lads