ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's using a Gripper diff?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi I am about to invest in one of these for my hill climb car (see my project thread )
If you are using one can you post your thoughts on them and if you have had problems what are the alternatives?
Ps I don't want to use a quaiffe type.

Cheers

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
we use a Quaiffe, but you dont want to know about them.
Hi I have used a quaiffe in my rally mini without problems so nothing against them.
I have been assured that the gripper is far better in terms of performance but have been told that the early ones suffered with reliability

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
No idea, on the Gripper one. But our Quaiffe is brilliant, My favorite mod we made to our track car.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Go for the gripper over the quaife if its for a hilclimb car. An ATB is a comprimise for road cars. The gripper is a competition plate diff so if thats what you intending to use the car for then its the diff you want.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ATB for the road and Gripper for track use..

I have gripper in the rally car and its great but a bit of a handful with no PAS...!!!!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Go for the gripper over the quaife if its for a hilclimb car. An ATB is a comprimise for road cars. The gripper is a competition plate diff so if thats what you intending to use the car for then its the diff you want.
ATB for the road and Gripper for track use..

I have gripper in the rally car and its great but a bit of a handful with no PAS...!!!!

Cheers fellas I assume you have had no problems with yours asside from end of season rebuilds?