ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why am I so uninsurable?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Have to be 18, and they don't insure modified cars.

It's stupid really.... the amount of age and sex discrimination in car insurance is disgusting... I'm not going to please too many people as I think there are a lot of "older" drivers on here but they may as well raise the driving age to 18 as it's becoming impossible to drive at 17 :(

I think you will find you are actually a very high risk driver at 17 so higher premiums are justified.
You should 100% remove the mods or sell the car and buy something that is unpopular with other drivers your age. Pick un trendy cars like volvos etc,
Personally I would rather save £3500 and wait a year. Blagging lifts off friends and using taxis would not even come up to that figure.
I think insurance companies are trying to price out high risk drivers, but people will end up paying as they believe it their right to drive. Personally I'd rather walk than sit in rush hour traffic as stop starting bores me to s**t. Cars are getting more costly to repair as well so I very much doubt we will see a decrease in insurance costs for anyone in the futyre.