ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

why are there so many 182’s for sale

in the for sale section there about half a dozen of them !
most of them are only about a year old too ?

some of them are priced very well too.

Mondeo STTDCI

Just before the release on the new shape clio always brings about depreciation and sellers trying to avoid the big hit.

Ill sell mine when Im bored of it and not before. Once Im lusting after something else good and proper.

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 30 August 2005

rattles, faults, move onto better things

jesus christ! not everyone has had a sh*t one!

remember the reasons you BOUGHT it?

133/225/CLS AMG

Im selling my 53 plate Clio because I fancy a Megane 225.

Just got a new job with a nice pay rise so can afford something a bit more expensive. If anyones interested in mine drop me a PM. :D

most of these cars are only a year old though, surely if you were only thinking of having it for a year it would make better sense not to get it in the 1st place ??
and either keep what you have, or get the next car earlier ?
i understand about the space issue, but no one buys a clio expecting it to have the room of a mondeo etc.

I understand hip_spasms point totally though, is that one of the main reasons then ?

BMW 120i Sport

I would sell mine if I could get what I want for it, but I doubt I will.

Its a brilliant car (as is the whole Clio RS series), well specced, fast enough, handles brilliant - but (and its a big one) its hugely flawed because of all the tiny little flaws. If youve got a sucky dealer, then the flaws dont get fixed then you end up resenting the car.

Still, its a cheap car and its cheaply made; but surely it should have some many niggles from new?

tiTTy & SV650

i will be keeping mine for another couple years, nothing out there I really fancy (cept a Integra DC5) but ill prob go back to old cars again after this, M3 maybe :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 30 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 30 August 2005

rattles, faults, move onto better things

jesus christ! not everyone has had a sh*t one!

remember the reasons you BOUGHT it?

no not really, its left a bad taste in my mouth

ps he asked a question and i answered why i got rid of mine fair enough i thought !!!!!!!!

Elise/VX220/R26

I think hot hatches always change hands a lot, sometimes people buy them on impulse and maybe cant afford them, or get bored of them once the novelty wears off etc I think the impending model change might have something to do with it, it was one of the reasons I sold my 172 earlier this year

Thinking about selling mine because Im missing rear wheel drive far more than I thought I would (although its mainly on the track that I miss it - not to mention the 158 Bhp!). Still not a lot can touch the 182 from A to B on the battle scarred tarmac of south oxfordshire :)

Ours forsale because I get bored easily, and want a change.

We didnt buy ours brand new for this reason, it was less then 2 months old when we bought it for £10500

I would only buy new if i was keeping the car for at least 3/4 years

[Edited by Smokey on 30 August 2005 at 8:51pm]

Oh and if it was because of the rattles, I wouldnt be going back to my Hybrid thats for sure:D

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by James on 30 August 2005

Because there are lots of them?
I dont seem to see half as many 182s as I do mini cooper ss, CTRs etc.... Cooper Ss seem to be every where round Luton. I only saw about 3 182s in the first year I had mine. There are no 182s in my work car park (multi story), but about 4 Cooper Ss.