ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Widest tyre on a 182 FF

C63 PPP Estate
What's the widest tyre you'd put on a Clio 185 FF, standard rims, to get a bit of extra grip and protect the rims from curb rash, and what's the profile?

Worth mentioning the car is on Eibach Red springs

Last edited:

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
What's the car used for?

Honestly, if it's a road car I really wouldn't bother going wider. If you're genuinely getting close to the limits of grip on a 182 on the road then I'd start with the basics, are all the bushes in good order, how old are the shocks, when's the last time the car had an alignment - a fast road alignment can make a big difference. Once you're good with all of that, then maybe consider stickier tyres.

Throwing extra grip at the tyres won't help you if the underlying car and geometry isn't in good condition.

Be wary about applying tyre tests from different sizes onto the standard 16" wheels, performance can vary quite a lot between sizes.

NS2Rs are good, but noisy.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Pick a standard tyre that has rim protection - usually the tyre suppliers say if the tyre does or doesnt. However it wont help you as much as improving your skill at parking :D

C63 PPP Estate
What's the car used for?

Honestly, if it's a road car I really wouldn't bother going wider. If you're genuinely getting close to the limits of grip on a 182 on the road then I'd start with the basics, are all the bushes in good order, how old are the shocks, when's the last time the car had an alignment - a fast road alignment can make a big difference. Once you're good with all of that, then maybe consider stickier tyres.

Throwing extra grip at the tyres won't help you if the underlying car and geometry isn't in good condition.

Be wary about applying tyre tests from different sizes onto the standard 16" wheels, performance can vary quite a lot between sizes.

NS2Rs are good, but noisy.
Hear ya!

The extra width is purely to protect the rims :-D

As Kev@KAM says I'll prob go for one with decent rim protection, which is usually Michelin and Goodyear.

Anyone know what the sidewalls look like, or have pics of ADVAN NEOVA AD08RS or NS2Rs mounted onto our rims? The car will seldom be used, I'll do the odd track day in it and just hoon around in the Summer; I know all I really need is a set of Eagles or PS3s but fancy trying a few more race oriented tyres. I'm coming out of a C63 AMG where one corner cost about the same amount as it takes to resole the whole Clio.

I' ve not picked the Clio up yet, just getting exited :-D