ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wierd engine sound!

just got in my car (which was cold), turned it on and stalled it when i puleed off (ok ok we all do it sometime!). when i restarted it though, the engine was V.lumpy, seemed llike it was only runing on 3 cylinders. i could also hear it pinking . ANyway, i drove it to see what happened, and as it warmed up the sound gradually disappered.

SO, all normal again now, but any ideas why this was? have i got a faulty / intermittent component (knock sensor?)

steve

Skoda Fabia vRS

open ur bonnet an see if there is a kind of suckin sound comin from the plugs, check that all the plugs are in properly with all the HT leads connected properly

just started it again. What happens is that it starts ok, but as soon as you put the throttle down, it hesitates and then rises on a misfire, before returning to really lumpy idling. again this stops over time as the engine warms up, but is there a faulty component i have that should give smooth idling when cold?

or is it just down to crappy british weather?!

My car is almost new. Sometimes it stalls on cold days. I run it on optimax, treat it like god, and it still messes me about! Good ol french reliablity!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

my 172 is brill in the cold weather so far, *crosses fingers*

It starts no probs, and the ECU takes it up to 1250rpm, then after its warmed a bit it drops it back down to 750rpm. Its weird though, it idles fine and doesnt misfire, but if you listen to the exhaust at the back its sounds like it is ? any ideas ?

KDF its probably the autochoke and ECU just working away altering your fuel flow to keep it running. Odviosly it cant react instantaniosly, so maybe your engine looses some fueling and then the car quickly dumps some extra fuel in there. Thus stopping it stalling. I have never seen a car that idles with the same monotonos (or however you spell it) sound all the way through. They flutter and all sorts. Nothing to worry about unless it stops I would think.

Paul

gonna start running mine on optimax methinks! ill give it a shot of injector cleaner (any reccomendations people? redex?) and see how it runs after thaty!